cymbalta for fibro pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondntn, Oct 25, 2006.

1. blondntn

blondntn New Member

i have been having fibromylgia pain for years and have tried everything. nothing worked until the dr. tried cymbalta an anti-depressant. so far it has been a miracle drug for me. the only problem i have is the insurance company wont pay for it since it is supposed to be for depression and she dosen't want to put depression on my chart when i haven't been depressed.
  2. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

Stinks, but it is a fact. I am happy that it is at least helping you with your pain. I didn't do well on Cymbalta.

Good luck!!

Lisa
  3. hob

hob New Member

Glad to hear it is working so well for you. I have been taking in for over a year and can tell how much it helps me. I have had a few times where I didn't take it for a days and boy my body kills me. I would see if your insurance will consider convering it if your dr writes a note explaining the treatment.

hob
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Do you have days that you are very sad about your pain ? Do you feel really bad when you cant do the same things that you use to years ago before Fibro?

Do you cry at times when you think about all those years of pain? Then tell your Doctor you feel depressed and Play their game get the insurence to pay for it anyway you can its not lieing .You deserve to not have to live with pain.

Anyone dealing with this DD at sometime has depression.The fact you cant get the insurence to pay for your pain meds should make you depressed.
  5. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

Sounds like great advice to me. I have had such a great experience with cymbalta (although it took 3 months to get full effects) and get horrible pain when I am off it for just a few days as well. Now that I've tried it I cannot imagine living without it.
    Kim
  6. jetlag

jetlag New Member

Cymbalta has been working quite well for me.
  7. pspatnode

pspatnode New Member

According to my doctor it has been approved to be used to help get rid of fibro pain. Your insurance should cover it - mine does.
  8. najerry

najerry New Member

The insurance co. will only pay for up to 60mg..Ive been taking 120mg. So the Dr. wites arx for 60mg and gives me 60mg samples for the rest. It has helped. I have more good days than bad ones.