Cymbalta for generalized anxiety disorder

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dunnlb, Dec 9, 2005.

1. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

Eli Lilly Seeks FDA Approval for Cymbalta

ASSOCIATED PRESS

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Drug Eli Lilly and Co. said Friday that it has filed with the Food and Drug Administration to have its antidepressant Cymbalta approved for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder.

The company said that it will use data from two clinical trials to support the application.

Generalized anxiety disorder is a condition lasting for at least six months characterized by exaggerated worry or chronic anxiety and irritability, and may include physical symptoms like muscle tension, restlessness and insomnia.

Cymbalta was approved by the FDA in August 2004 for the treatment of major depression, and in September 2004 for the treatments of diabetic nerve pain.

Other antidepressants approved for generalized anxiety disorder include Forest Labs' Lexapro, Wyeth's Effexor, and GlaxoSmithKline's Paxil.
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

but I've got to say after 3 months on the max dose of Cymbalta my brain fog is all but gone.. I was getting lost driving to work!! Now I'm remember the names of things.. not stumbling over my words.. It also helped with my ibs.. don't know why.. I wasn't expecting that but it has.. The pain reduction for me has been minimal.. but the other things it has done has made it invaluable to me!
  3. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I'm doing better since I changed from Zoloft to Cymbalta
  4. cbella

cbella New Member

What is the max dose you are taking and what time of the day? hugs.........cb