Cymbalta helps brain fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sick~kitty, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

Has anyone else noticed an enormous improvement in mental clarity with Cymbalta? I've only been taking it a few weeks, but am so happy about this. Unfortunately I also seem to have a lot more insomnia with this med. I hope this clears up, and the mental clarity remains.

The pain relief is pretty amazing as well. My main complaint is CFS, not the fibro. I guess I didn't realize how bad the pain still was without the drug.
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I wish it did that for me but it does not.

I have been on it for 3 yrs now started at 30 mg now take 120mg the max one time a day.I take mine at noon so it does not bother my sleep.

I really hope it last for you.

Sue
  3. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

Thank you Sue & froggyfog,

I took 30 mg for 2 weeks, then 60 mg for about the past month. I was on the 60 mg for about 3 weeks before it really started to help so much. Initially the digestive side effects were pretty bad. I take it in the morning, though just when will vary from 8 am to noon or so.

Maybe someday they'll know enough about this illness to run a scan and know the perfect combination of meds for each of us. It's too bad it's such a crapshoot now.

It appears I've started 2 posts on this title. After 15 minutes I did a Search and couldn't find it, so reposted. Sorry about that! Anyone who's reading this might want to see the responses to the other post as well.
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I was on 90mg for almost a year and it seemed to help me for awhile but then I noticed the old symptoms returning. I am being weaned off the cymbalta onto welbutrin right now. The cymbalta was very expensive also. Good luck.
  5. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

Hmmn, I haven't checked to see if my insurance covers the Cymbalta - the doc has given me samples so far. That would make a big difference.
  6. splooofy

splooofy New Member

My Dr directed me to take it at bedtime. Should I be taking it in the AM? I just started taking it and I do feel better. The only problem I am having is that I am breaking out with acne. I have never, even in my youth had acne problems. Do any of you have this problem? I take only 60mg once a day.
  7. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

When I took Prozac, I found that I slept best if I took it at night. It does have a stimulating effect, but by taking it at night, the highest blood levels were achieved in the morning. I wonder if Cymbalta works the same way. That could be why your doctor told you to take it at night - or it could have something to do with other meds you take.

8. Rnclegal

Rnclegal New Member

My doc gives me Provigel 600 mg every morning to help wake me up and clear the fog. Some days it works and other days there could be nuclear destruction and I simply cannot wake up for 3 days at a time....even with the provigel.

Carolyn
  9. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I am on 60 mg Cymbalta. It's biggest help to me has been that my fatigue is greatly improved! But my brain fog has actually been worse lately and I've developed headaches in the past week.
  10. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

I tried 200mg Provigil and cut it half(100 mg) I was so jittery but still hurt and didn't feel any more energy just nervousness....I wish it would have worked for me. I also tried cutting it 3 times and take just a portion of it and it did the same thing.

I'm jeousle(sp) I wanted it to work so bad!
  11. Shalala

Shalala New Member

With insurance I was still paying $75 to $120/month for the Cymbalta. I could not afford my other meds I needed. It did help me for several months then I started have problems again. The same thing happened with the Effexor ... like I built up an immunity?