Cymbalta, how long will consipation last?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sonny1, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Sonny1

Sonny1 New Member

for those that know?
  2. CKater

CKater New Member

I'd ask your doc for a prescription doesn't go away in my experience. Sorry, wish I had something more positive to post, but this is my experience with Cymbalta. I'll continue to take it because it helps my pain so much. Good luck.
  3. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I've had IBS and have had (not to be gross) watery stool 6-7 times each day - for about 35 years. When I first started taking Cymbalta and became constipated, I was in heaven! No longer did I have to very carefully plan all meals - I could go out to eat, go to cookouts, go on trips, malls, visit friends, planes, amusement was good!

Then, of course, I got over that and the constipation began to bother me (plus I have to wonder what effect it has on my system - from going 6-7 times each day to once a week). My gastro doctor recommended I take 2 fiber pills in the morning and 2 at night - great stuff! Now I'm once a day (sometimes more).
  4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Take a herbal prep that contains CASCARA... you will go 6 - 8 hours after taking it without fail.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2008]
  5. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I just started Cymbalta about 10 days ago so this was good to know.

I used to take two Fiber Choice every night they work great and it's kinda like having a snack when you need one right about 9 O'Clock.

Haven't had constipation yet but I'll know where it came from when and if I get it.

6. Funny how all meds work different for each person. I took ONE cymbalta yesterday and OMG that is the last time. I have such stomach pain, nausea and SEVERE diarreah . I was so tired from 930am when I took it and it kept me awake ALL day and ALL night. I know the dr. will say keep trying it ...NO WAY. $45 down the drain. Pills work the opposite for me.