cymbalta is working for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cbella, Oct 4, 2005.

1. cbella

cbella New Member

I have been on cymbalta 30mg once a day for 2 weeks and I didn't feel much different. I let my doc know and he increased it to 60mg every morning and yesterday I actually got through the whole day without taking any pain meds!
    Today I took a half of an ultram, twice, but that's still better than I was taking or feeling, for that matter! I'm on my last week of Valtrex of a 6 week cycle, don't think that made any difference, except my glands don't feel tender anymore. But maybe in the long run that will help somehow. But I never felt a true herxing from the antiviral.I'm suppose to call Dr. Dantini in Florida after my 6 week cycle and let him know how it worked. My local doc prescribed the cymbalta and I could kiss him! Hope this info may help someone else..........peace...cbella
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Have you been on other antidepressants? If so, is this one better than the others in helping the pain?

I have taken Effexor XR for a number of years, and as both are the same category, I was going to ask my psych. if I might change and see if Cymbalta helps the pain more. Your experience is something that helps me decide.

Hope all continues to improve. Again, thanks.

Sue
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

cbella,

I'm happy to hear that the Cymbalta is working for you!

I changed from Prozac to the Cymbalta quite some time ago, and I love it! I could really tell a difference on my pain level.

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

After I started the Cymbalta, my frequent migraines stopped and my pain has decreased. I'm hoping that this continues. The head aches were terrible! Every day starting in the morning without much stopping all day long. Working was really hard with the head aches, and the head aches made me really a lot more tired. To me, this difference is so totally wonderful!!!!
  5. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I started 60 mg CYmbalta last Thursday. The first couple of days I was more sleepy than usual and a little nauseous. But Now I certainly can tell my mood is better. I dont feel that dark cloud over me any more and I havent cried in a week. Also,although I still have significant pain I can tell it is less becasue I am taking less pain med. I am very happy with the results.
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have been using it about 5 weeks and it has reduced my pain level too.

I was already on an antidepressant. I take 300 mg Welbutrin XL. The doctor said the 30 mg. cymbalta was being added for pain.

7. cbella

cbella New Member

No, I've never been on an antidepressent and it's interesting that it hasn't affected my mood at all, although I'm not depressed. The past 2 nights since I've been on it, I've actually slept all night without pain! And that is so great! I've been getting up about 3am every night to take more pain meds, before. I don't know of side effects for long term use, but I guess I'll take the chance, since I'm taking less pain medicine. :)cbella
  8. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

I've got 3 more days until I'm completely off the Effexor XR then about 14 days til I get off the Trazodone. Then I can finally start the trial study for Cymbalta. It sounds like so many of you have had good luck with it, I can't wait to try it myself.
  9. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I'm so glad to hear it's working for you. I am hopeful that it will help me too. my doctor gave me two weeks of 30mg as samples, then I have a prescription for 60mg waiting to pick up at the pharmacy.
    Yes, your post helps alot.
    Hugs, Nanna
  10. katiamarques

katiamarques New Member

I've been on cymbalta for little over one month now (60mg). I had no side effects, not even drowsiness. FOr the first time in over three years I can go for three or four days without so much pain. Before treatment I was in pain everyday for a very long time. Now I take cymbalta, ultram and flexeril - the last two I take prn, only when I am hurting too much. FMS is not 'over' by any means, but compared to three months ago I am a helluvalot better :)
  11. cbella

cbella New Member

That's the way it seems with me. The pain hasn't gone completely, but I'm definitely not taking as much ultram as I was.... and some days are better than others.......:)cb

[ advertisement ]