Cymbalta morning or night??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kitteejo, Aug 1, 2008.

1. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

My family doc says to take my Cymbalta in the morning, my one time new Rhemy says to take at night. When is the best time to take it?

I've only been on it about ten days and have tried both ways. At night I wake up a lot, in the morning I get sleepy in the afternoon. I'm confused.

Is this normal?

Please Help!

[This Message was Edited on 08/02/2008]
  2. Axzen

Axzen New Member

When I was taking it my doctor had me taking 60mg's in the morning and 60mg's at night. After reading on the Cymbalta website, it stated no specific time to take it either. According to, it has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of Fibromyalgia. I was not aware of that.
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

taken mine at am.
  4. CKater

CKater New Member

I guess it's always been my habit to take my meds at night as they all made my sleepy and I worked full time. What I do notice is this. When I get up in the morning now since adding the Cymbalta I'm a little jumpy/nervous which I was not before. But I've only been on it two weeks. I don't get sleepy during the day like I used to though. Everyone is different on these drugs though.
  5. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

60 MG a day and all of it in the morning. I started taking it at night but was awake all night long. I switched to morning and sleep much better now.
  6. I took it once in the morning, had severe nausea, diareah and was awake all day and night , even though I was exhausted. And I know the dr. will say stay on it, but if it makes you sick and you can't sleep!???? would u stay on it?
  7. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Thanks every one for your advice. Being a depressed soul and very sensitive I thought no one like me and didn't care about my problem because of the lack of response. I have a tear in my eye as I am very touched.

I never cry because of being on Prozac for so many years but with Cymbaltia I can actually get teary eyed. Maybe I'll even get to have a good cry next time I need one.

I went to morning on my own and do sleep better and the 2 PM sleepies are not that bad and I can get through it.

Anyways, thanks for your support and advice.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2008]
  8. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have been on it for about 5 or 6 days now, taking it in the morning. I do find myself yawning all day, so I think I will try it at night.

So far for me, it doesn't help with the pain as much as the effexor did, but my mood has lifted a lot.

fibrobutterfly - I would try and stick with it, if you can, take it with food. I know when I started effexor, I was so sick and nauseous for about 10 days, but the dr convinced me to stick with it and it really did change my life for the better.

Good Luck
    Sue in Ontario
  9. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I've been on it for almost a year and take it in the morning - it's tough dealing with the 2pm sleepies as I work full time, but it's better than staying up all night!

So, I guess it depends on your own life - if you work full time, the hours you work, if you can deal with afternoon sleepies...

Kitteejo, don't think we don't care about you!! There's lots of us sensitive souls here who think we kill threads as we are frequently the last to post before the thread dies - it's just luck of the draw and nothing personal :)[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2008]
  10. volcanopenny

volcanopenny New Member

I take mine in the morning and it gives me energy!It is interesting how each of us is different!