Cymbalta Neurontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jengus, Aug 7, 2006.

1. jengus

jengus New Member

60 mg. of Cymbalta works for me. I didn't have any luck with Neurontin for pain - great for sleep. My doctor said to stop the Neurontin except for 300 mg. at bedtime. Works great for sleep. Anyone else taking this dose of Neurontin at night? Anyone know any reason to not take just the one dose - I was up to 300 mg. 3 x a day and was very irritable, etc. I may go back to the higher dose and try it again for pain. Anyone have any thoughts about what I should do??
    gus jen
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

for back pain but it does nothing. I've taken 2 but it really didn't help either. Doesn't even seem to help me with sleep so I think it's useless. My daughter takes Cymbalta and really likes it but it's expensive. I told my dr. one time I had taken a pain pill I'd had left from a foot surgery and I felt so much better the next morning and he wouldn't prescribe because it was a narcotic so I don't take much medication. The crap he gives me is like taking sugar pills. I'm not in a lot of pain every day but it would be nice to have something that worked when I do have the bad pain.
  3. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

What your dr said was fine. Stay on the Cymblata and take the Neurontin at night then....I take Neurontin during the day for neuropathy, so far it does not make me sleepy.

If your are taking it just as a sleep med, then maybe there is a better med out there for you.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Jengus:

I tried Nuerontin, but got a bad reactiona and it also did not work for me. Good luck to you with it.

nyrofan