Cymbalta & Sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fnx3, Dec 6, 2008.

1. fnx3

fnx3 New Member

I have just been started on Cymbalta for about 10 days now. So far I am very impressed with how quickly it eliminated my chronic "brain fog" & also relieved a lot of the physical fatigue. Plus the pain in my right foot also disappeared so perhaps it was caused by "peripheral neuropathy" afterall.

Only odd thing I notice is that my sleep is pretty light & short. I am taking my one dose of 60mg in the evening. I am wondering if I should change the time to morning to see if it allows me to sleep longer. Has anyone had any experience with this?
  2. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

I take mine in the morning. People can have sleep disturbances with SNRIs and it's reccomeneded you take it in the morning if this happens. Before Cymbalta I was taking Zoloft. At first I took it at night and had the same problem you are experiencing, so I switched it to the a.m. and did much better.
  3. Bxteacher

Bxteacher Member

I take my Cymbalta ( 60 mg) in the A.M. My doctor told me to take it with breakfast. As I sleep poorly I take 10mg of Ambien & either .5 or 1 mg of Klonopin before bed. Most nights I still get up at least 1 time.

4. fnx3

fnx3 New Member

Thanks so much for those replies goofgirl & bxteacher - just what I needed to know.

OK - so in order to move the time back to morning I think I should just vary it by only a few hours each day rather than just do it suddenly.