Cymbalta users post updates here! EVERYONE read!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fllfibro2003, Sep 27, 2004.

1. fllfibro2003

fllfibro2003 New Member

Well, as promised I'm starting this post for everyone that is taking Cymbalta to post their own experiences since taking it.

I also want to thank everyone who responded to my earlier post, I appreciate all of the positive input. I think all of us posting under this thread will help us all to compare notes, keep the board running smoother and it also allows others who are interested in Cymbalta to see all of our responses in one place.

I had planned on doing an update on my progress every Monday, of course this is just my opinion. All posts are welcome no matter when nor how many times someone wants to. I know that if I have a big change I will post more than once a week.

Anyway, I've been on Cymbalta since last week. Thursday morning was the first dose at 30 mg. I'm to take that for a week then bump it up to 60mg a day. I choose to take it in the morning because that is when I normally would take my 1st dose of Wellbutrin.

For the past 36hrs. we have been feeling the effects of Jeanne and I'm not having quite as many aches and pains as usual. I'm still not pain free and I'm not getting my hopes up but I think I can honestly say that even at 30mg I am starting to feel a difference.

Well, that's my update and I hope there will be a lot more posts with updates and/or members with questions about our progress with Cymbalta.

Good luck and I hope to see a lot more post here soon.

FLlfibro
  2. fllfibro2003

fllfibro2003 New Member

Thanks everybody for the posts today, I hope more will be here later on, I really do want as many people as possible to "put their 2 cents worth" in so maybe it will all of us learn more about how each of us are responding to it.

I also hope that it will help others who might want to try Cymbalta make a decision on others experiences.

Thanks again and help me keep this bumped up to the 1st page!!

FLlfibro
  3. tilla

tilla New Member

4. Kimberlysue

Kimberlysue New Member

Questions on Cymbalta 09/27/04 12:45 PM

I have heard so much about this, I am going to ask my Doc. if I can try it.

Is it for depression, neuropthy pain & anxiety????????????????

I take Flexeral, Trazadone, Duragesic Patch, Prozac & neurontin, klonopin for the above problems. Will I be able to stop any of these if the Cymbalta works??????????????????

Thanks so much for your help.

Kim
  5. Kimberlysue

Kimberlysue New Member

6. AnnieKidwell

AnnieKidwell New Member

7. Embers

Embers New Member

I've been on 30 mg of cymbalta for 8 days now and I'm feeling better already, ready to up the dose tomorrow to 60 mg as prescribed. The only problem I have had is diarrhea for a couple days and when I have done something around the house, I tend to get really sweaty?? Sweating is supposedly a side effect, but it could just be me.

All in all I would have to say I feel much better, the pain is definitely better and I don't feel as sad and/or depressed. I have had a little trouble sleeping, but I almost always do, so I can't blame it on cymbalta.

We'll see what happens when I up the dose tomorrow.
  8. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

The doc wrote me scrips for a week's worth at 30mg, and then wants me to up the dosage to 60mg. I sure hope it works!!! I'll keep you posted.

Kate
  9. Kimberlysue

Kimberlysue New Member

10. Fleeta

Fleeta New Member

Hi everyone!!! Just been reading all the posts on this new drug.I started mine last Thur.9/27/04..30mg twice a day.Have noticed a big difference in the fatigue!! Also the pain is somewhat better.I just keep hoping and praying this isn't just all in my foggy head!!! LOL..I'm very glad that we'll be keeping track of those of us who are now on this...Everyone take care,and keep your fingers crossed!!! ...fleeta
  11. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

12. rose38716

rose38716 New Member

I think its too early to tell since im only taking 30 mg right now..Will start on 60 this sunday..

I went to Drt. last Fri. He told me to go two days without paxil(I'e been taking paxil for 5 years)and then start it ..so that's what I did..
  13. fllfibro2003

fllfibro2003 New Member

I so excited to see all the posts here!!!

I'm glad that we can all post here and share our experiences with each other.

Today is day 6 and I'm still feeling some what better, remember though I'm only on 30mg a day. Thursday I will stop the Wellbutrin completely and bump the Cymbalta up to 60mg.

My dr. also told me to give it several weeks to start feeling the full effect. I'm happy with what I've seen so far, will be so happy if it only gets better.

Thanks again and keep posting!!

Also, lets keep this on the 1st page as much as possible so everyone will read it.

FLlfibro
  14. Kimberlysue

Kimberlysue New Member

Questions on Cymbalta 09/27/04 12:45 PM

I have heard so much about this, I am going to ask my Doc. if I can try it.

Is it for depression, neuropthy pain & anxiety????????????????

I take Flexeral, Trazadone, Duragesic Patch, Prozac & neurontin, klonopin for the above problems. Will I be able to stop any of these if the Cymbalta works??????????????????

Thanks so much for your help.
  15. Kimberlysue

Kimberlysue New Member

16. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Cymbalta is for Depression and has been FDA approved for diabetic peripheral neuropathy. There are clinical trials going on now (I think) to see if it is effective for FMS pain.

It is possible that if it works for you, you might be able to taper off some of your other meds. But remember, what works for some, may not work for others, we are all different.

I have been researching Cymbalta, and intend to ask my Rheumy on Friday if he will let me try it. I have been on Effexor XR for years though and am concerned about how to go about switching from one to the other, I suspect I will have to taper off the Effexor while taking a low dose of the Cymbalta.

Do a google search and also search this website, knowledge is power.

Hope this helps,
    Lynna
  17. Kimberlysue

Kimberlysue New Member

I am going to go to the home page now and see if i can find the article.
  18. Kimberlysue

Kimberlysue New Member

19. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I've been taking Lexapro 20 mg, Elavil 50mg, Klonopin 1 mg.

My doctor wants me to come off the Elavil cold turkey and take Ambien for a little while. He also wants me to wean me off of the Lexapro for the next two weeks and then start the Cymbalta for 2 weeks then see him.

He does not usually belive in adding something without taking something away. In my case the Lexapro hasn't been working and the elavil is not as good as it used to be. So, his feeling was... what have we got to lose. I like that thinking.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  20. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Hi, I am looking for information about Cymbalta as well.

LET ME ADD WHAT PUMPKINHEAD SAID - NEVER TRY TO COME OFF EFFEXOR COLD TURKEY. DEATHS HAVE BEEN RECORDED AND YOU CAN HAVE ONE DILLY OF A DECOMPRESSION AND BE SICK, SICK, SICK WITH IT.

I HAD EMERGENCY SURGERY FOR A HYSTERECTOMY FOR FIBROIDS AND MY GYN TOOK ME OFF MY MEDS. I WAS SICK FROM THE BLOOD LOSS AND IN ICU BUT I HAD TO TELL THE RN TO CALL THE PHARMACIST AND LEARN ABOUT EFFEXOR SO SHE WOULD CALL THE DOC AND GET MY EFFEXOR, AS I WAS NOT ONLY SICK FROM THE SURGERY BUT WAS IN WITHDRAWAL FROMT HE EFFEXOR AND HAVING CARDAIAC ARRHYTHMIAS. AT ANY RATE, SHE CAME RUNNING DOWN THE HALL WITH MY EFFEXOR IN ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES.

I am an RN, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, and a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and the nurse arguing with me about the Effexor blew my mind. If I had been able to muster the energy, I think I would have pulled her hair out.