cymbalta vs milnapricin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by schaken, Nov 1, 2005.

1. schaken

schaken New Member

I have bee on cymbalta for 2 and aa half months now. Last time I posted, I was in alot of pain. It has finally worked for me. I take 60 mg 2 times a day.

Prior to this I was in the drug study for Milnapricin. It was the first time in over 20 years that I even new what I had. It was a miracle drug. No pain.

What is the difference? With cymbalta I ache a little. I am more stiff. If I go somewhere that it is cold (like the refrigated and freezer section of a store) I start hurting.
    With milnapricin, I felt just a little achy, but I sweated to death. Not normal, head to toe, I could be drenched within 15 min of doing or starting any physical activity.

Will stick with the achiness, and stiffness rather than sweating to death.

Leslie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This has rolled over to page 3.

Love, Mikie
  3. schaken

schaken New Member

Hopefully Toga and anyone else on milnapricin study.
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm glad to hear that the Cymbalta is working for you!

The biggest thing that I've noticed on the Cymbalta is that I have not had migraines like I use. I had been on Celexa for about 2 1/2 years before Cymbalta. Needless to say, I like the Cymbalta! I also take Ultracet to help with the pain. I take two caps of Ultracet in the AM and two in the PM. That helps to decrease the pain level a little more, and the 1200 mg of Neurontin that I take in the evening really has me resting well.

Warmly, Jeannette
  5. Toga

Toga Member

Shaken, I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm so happy that the big "C" is working for you now.

I'm up to 60 mg a day. I take 1 20 mg. in the morning and 2 20mg in the evening. Both doses with meals.

I still feel lousy, though not as lousy as I did on 20 mg a day.

I go to the doctor tomorrow. I'm hoping he increases it again. I would love to stabilize on 80 mg but I'll keep going until I reach the top if I don't start feeling better than I do now.

I'm ok first thing in the morning if I've had enough sleep. But it only lasts about 3 hours and then I eat lunch, try again for a while and finally just give it up and lay down and usually fall asleep for an hour or so.

Then I'm ok again for an hour or so. The pain in in my legs, ankles, arms, wrists, upper back and shoulders and neck.

I'm also taking quite a bit of Tylonol, never more then I should and once in a while I take 5 mg Vicodin or the smallest dose of tramadol. I do this maybe 3 times a week when I have to go somewhere and feel I just can't make it.

Its not that I don't want these "helpers" but I want to be able to better see how the Cymbalta is working so I can report to the doctor. Once I stabilize I hope to get an Rx for breakthrough pain. I only have a small amount saved from before the Milnacipran Study.

Also, I'm still getting so tired. Sometimes I just feel like I've worked in the mines for 18 hours.

Its so good that others are doing so much better. I'm hoping with time, it'll start working better for me.

Love to all,

Toga
  6. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Hi Leslie-
    I'm glad the Cymbalta is working for you.
    I have been on Cymbalta for about a month now. I take 60 mg once a day. I'm still pretty tired most of the time, but the pain levels are so much improved, I'm thrilled.
    The only side effect I've had is the sleepiness, yet I still need sleep meds to stay asleep. I have also had a bit more anxiety than usual (isn't it supposed to make that better??) I have also noticed that the darn pill gets stuck in my throat very easily. Have you noticed that??
    Take it easy, Janice
  7. Toga

Toga Member

He bumped my Cymbalta up to 90 mg a day. So I'll take 30 in the morning and 60 in the evening I guess. I'll wait to see if he has different instructions on the bottle.

He also said that he doesn't want to go any higher. Hope this does it for me.

He also said that he is pretty sure that there will be another Phase III Study on Milnacipran in 'o6. This is good news for anyone who wants to take part. It's good. He thinks it is the best of FM.

The bad news is that this is going to delay FDA approval.

Toga