cymbalta, what time of day do you take it and why?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Jul 2, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

Just currious, thinking about taking it.

I would like to take zyrem for sleep and then an AD for pain during the day.

Eventually- getting off of the AD.

What time do you take it and why?
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I take my Cymbalta in the AM and in the PM.

I take 30 mg in AM and 30 mg at bedtime. This is because when I took the 60 mg capsules, and took them in the morning, they made me feel drowsy all day long and I don't like that feeling.

So, I asked my doc to prescribe them in 30 mg capsules and I would split them up. It works fine now. They do not make me drowsy.

I take Zanaflex in the evening to help me sleep at night.

Also, by splitting the dose, I get the pain relief benefit all 24 hours.

The Cymbalta really helps my pain, as does Neurotin!

Hugs,
    janet
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

in the morning. When I was taking it at night it made my PTSD and anxiety worse.

Funny how it affects us differently!

I also take Seroquel at night for pain and sleep.

God Bless.
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Between 11 and 12 .I take 120 mg

For every day a new dawn will come.
    Sue
  5. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I take 60 mg. about mid-morning with breakfast and my "other" pills, meds and supplements.

I went off of the Cymbalta for a while, and got right back on. I love it.
  6. teresa4

teresa4 New Member

My doctor said cymbalta is great stuff. Since I am doing good on prozac and neurotin, she is not going to make any changes right now, but had great things to day about the drug. Good luck to all of you who are on it.
    Blessings,
    Teresa
  7. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

i take 60 mg in the morning with my other pills. I did take it at night for a while on the advice of my doc saying it should help me sleep. It caused me massive anxiety and NO sleep. I switched it back to mornings. I don't feel quite right on it...like I am not myself, so my doc will probably wean me off and try something else when i see her the 19th.
  8. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I take 60 mg in the morning with a whole lot of supplements and 60 mg at bedtime with more supplements. It is the best med I take for pain.
  9. place

place New Member

I am in the process of trying to make my next step. I am going to try Zyrem (i hope), but am unsure how I can keep my AD's.

I currently take Nortriptyline for sleep and pain, at night. But once I take the Xyrem for sleep, will I be missing all the good stuff that my AD's do for me?

I guess trial and error! I don't mind messing around with pain but dealing with depression is the worst.

It has always concerned me when I started the AD, i don't like messing around with my hormons. One reason, I have never taken the pill!

Thanks again for your help!
  10. TAM

TAM New Member

HI I TAKE 60 MG OF CYMBALTA EVERY MORNING AT 8AM.