Cymbalta working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by volcanopenny, Jul 23, 2008.

1. volcanopenny

volcanopenny New Member

I have been on 60 mgs of Cymbalta for 3 months and it is working great!
    Anyone else having luck?
    Hugs, Penny
  2. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I went on it for IBS - it helped the IBS immensely and totally got rid of costochondritis!
  3. Sergei0001

Sergei0001 New Member

I've been on 30mg for three weeks and my sleep has improved. I'm still taking several other meds and supplements, too, but I am getting more regular restorative sleep for the first time in ages. Haven't decided whether to go up to 60mg as it's terribly expensive. I did hear that it's available in Canada as a generic at a much better price but haven't checked that out yet.

4. volcanopenny

volcanopenny New Member

Thank God, my Doctor at Kaiser got an ok for me to get it paid by a copay!
  5. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

On 60mg for almost a month now. I'm still adjusting but it seems to be helping more each passing day. A bit foggy still, but more energy overall. Less muscle tension. :)
  6. tuba

tuba New Member

Congrats, Penny on Cymbalta working for you. I too was on 60 mgs for 3 mos. Then I started having side effects, I could hardly get out of bed. I was so disappointed, because I felt the cymbalta had been heaven sent. Now I take neurontin. So far, so good.
  7. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

We don't have a generic here, we just got Cymbalta. I just went to get a prescription and - at $270!!! for two months, it's way more than I can afford.

Sue in Ontario
  8. Good to hear it helps someone. I haven't started mine yet, it came yesterday but I have appts to go to and can't start a new med until tomorrow. Did u have any side effects at first penny? I have severe pain, I pray it helps me, otherwise I think I will go crazy.
  9. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

It didn't do anything for the pain, but it sure helped me sleep better and also no more depression. I didn't even know I was depressed until I felt differently. I don't want to increase it, in case I have to drop it. By the way......I've put on l5 lbs. That's not good and have to watch what I eat now.
  10. Wow that med was the worst for me! It made me soooo nauseous, tired, I was up all day and night, did not sleep one wink. $45 shot down the drain. I was so hoping. Strange how one med helps some and not others.

I think I might ask for effexor xr again. I went off it on my own because I thoought I didn't need it about a yr ago. It didn't help the pain, but helped me cope a bit. glad cymbalta is helping you all.
  11. volcanopenny

volcanopenny New Member

I had been on prozac for over 15 years.So I did not have any effects switching to Cymbalta, really. the only thing I noticed was increased energy!
  12. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I have been taking 30mg for two weeks now. The only side effect I'm having is dry mouth, sleepy in the afternoon and a loss of appetite, that one is a good thing for me. I was taking it in the am then switch to the pm due to the sleepy afternoons but then it kept me up all night so I'm back to the am.

My Family doc says am my Rhemy says pm so I'm confused about it.

Was on Prozac for 20 plus years and just started getting severe pain so the Cymbalta is helping some with that. Not sure when I will go on 60mg. Maybe my next doc visit.

When do you take it am or pm?

Glad it works for you,

13. did u all start at 60 or 30 mg.? Maybe 60 mg is too much for me!?