cymbalta?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kathy9247, Jun 3, 2005.

1. kathy9247

kathy9247 New Member

is anyone here familiar with cymbalta? I am taking it because of bipolar, but i have heard it is used for fibro also. any information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. dottiann

dottiann New Member

taking it now three months, supposed to help fibro, cant say i have beenreally that impresses,it is a moderate anti depressant that the fda has approved for nerve pain. but i think you try anything. the anti drepresion part is helpful but you arent like happy or anything all the time, you just dont wantto off your self as much
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

bumping
  4. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I'm bi polar too and I take cymbalta and Seroquel for it,cymbalta has helped me with the pain of FM a little,also I have noticed after quitting the zoloft and changing to cymbalta my mind is not racing all of the time, so yes I am happy with the change.
    Sue
  5. virgo_karen

virgo_karen New Member

because I also have alot of pain, burning pain in my feet. I'm also depressed, so the cymbalta so far has helped me with both of the problems. I have been on it for about a month, I think in a few weeks I will know more about how it is working for me. I will say that the first week I took it, I felt so good but now it's like I'm just getting along. It is better than being in so much pain, but I sure wish I felt like I did the first week. Good luck and have a great day.
    Karen
  6. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I've been taking it for a few months now and although I haven't been able to see the effects of pain relief, I now know it definitely does help my mood.

I had decided it wasn't helping so stopped taking it and cried for the entire weekend and felt lousy.

Once I went back on it, my mood is much better, so yes, it has helped more than I thought.

My doc just put me on 90 mg a day and told me the max dose can go as high as 120.
  7. spanishfly05

spanishfly05 New Member

Something about FMS..

There is no cookbook recipe for prescribing medications for FMS and CMP. A medication that works well for one person can be completely ineffective for another
  8. lightnerbride

lightnerbride New Member

I've been on Cymbalta for about 6 months and haven't noticed any improvement in my pain over usind Effexor XR which I was on before but I sure do sweat a lot less. I was first on 20mg, than 3 months now on 40mgs and feel even for the depression I need to be on 60mgs. I also take Clozepam for anxiety original 6mg a day, now dowm to 4mg and my doctor is trying to get me off of it since I've been on high doses for about 8 years. I take trazadone 100mg for sleep too. I'm not sure if I'll stick with the cymbalta as I want to get pregnant this next spring and would love to be on a single drug or combo of drugs good for depression (FM & CFS related) and anxiety (had before the FM & CFS)but not sure how safe many of the drugs are. If Cymbalta is safe I may just stick with it if I can use something else for Anxiety. I hate how expensive Cymbalta is I paid $250 a month with my last insurance and now $125 a month. That is a lot out of pocket. I am currently also using the Fentanyl patch (75mcg...would love to go stronger but won't) and have read it it probably okay to use during pregnancy just concerns of baby having withdrawl. I just think it is probably best if I can find the strength to go off of it all together or at least go down to 25mg.