Cymbalta ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pegasus83, Sep 29, 2005.

1. pegasus83

pegasus83 New Member

Do those of you who are on it take it in the morning or at night? Just started today. Doc said to try it in the morning...but if it made me sleepy to take at night. Just wondering what most folks do. I am hoping it will help with this achy fatigue so I can get back to doing more.
    Thanks all...
    peggy
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take it with my lunch.I take 90 milligrams.

I used to take it in the am but I do not eat breakfast so it was making me sick.

He did not want me taking it with my sleep med. ambian.

So at noon is good for me .Does not make me sleepy.
    Sue
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It does cause sleepiness for me so I take it in the evening along with my pain med. Of course in the evening the sleepiness is a benefit.

Ellen
  4. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I started it yesterday with 1 in the morning. I was sleepier than usual and a bit sick to my stomach. today is better so far. I am surely going to give it a chance.
  5. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I take Cymbalta. It has helped me more than anything I have taken. I feel more normal with it. It curbs my appetite and takes away a lot of pain.

I don't have to take nearly as many ultracet with the Cymbalta.

I have been taking it in the morning, but I do seem to get really sleepy during the day. So after reading this post, I think I will start taking it at night.

I am on 60mgs. a day.

Jodi
  6. Vada

Vada New Member

I take 120mg of it in the morning with breakfast. In the beginning I got tired but I have been on it since May of this year and it seems yto help my depression and some of the fibro pain. LaVada
  7. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I take 60mg right before bedtime. My rheumy did not specify a time of day to take it, and also said that I could take one 30mg in the morning and one at night if I wanted to. I just remember it regularly if I take it at night. I keep it by my bed along with a bottle of water.

My gyno knows a lot about FM, and during my last visit he told me that my fatigue would improve if I took all 60mg of Cymbalta in the morning. Supposed to help with energy or something ..?? I tried it but felt sleepier, so I went back to my bedtime ritual.

Kat
  8. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm going off the my Celexa gradually and take that at night. The Cymbalta, in the morning. I haven't had decreased drowsiness, but have noticed that I haven't had migraines since starting Cymbalta! That's a real plus.

I also work, and know for a fact that I've had less sleepiness in the AM since taking Cymbalta! When I'm tired or sleepy, I know it as I cannot function at work.

Not sure if it's because my migraines aren't there or if I'm having a paradoxical type of thing happening. I've only been on Cymbalta 1 1/2 weeks.
  9. laurawatts

laurawatts New Member

i started cymbalta a week ago andd thought there was something wrong with me cause all i can do is sleep (during the day). of course when night rolls around, i can't sleep but that's not news to anyone here, isit?
    after reading these posts, i'm going to try it at noon and see what happens.

I'm so glad y'all are here!

laurawatts
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i started at 20, then40,then 60mgs, now i'm back down to 20 mgs, still jerking and twitiching, and gained all sorts of weight. and not working on pain for me. i am almost ready to just give up.

jodie
  11. maaji

maaji New Member

I have been taking duloxetine for 1 month.(it is not called Cymbalta in India). My neurologist is still only allowing 30 mg per day in the morning after breakfast. I have been able to stop the amyltriptiline at night - I think you call it Tylenol? and sleep much better but notice I rarely dream with it. It does not make me sleepy in the day. I thought at first there was a marked improvement in the pain levels but now I am back on my old cycle of one good day one bad, though I must admit the bad days are not quite as bad and the good days are better. I have been afraid to combine it with tramadol in case of a reaction.

It seems from all the other messages that 30 mg is a low dose and i plan to ask if it can be increased. The only side effect I have noticed is slight fever and sweating - but as I had chronic low body temperature before this is not a problem.

Those of you with high expenditure on your drugs should consider a trip to India for supplies - a 10 day supply of Tramadol or Duloxetine costs less than 2 dollars!

I am new to this message board and enjoying it. Maaji
  12. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

I take mine in the morning because once you get it in your system the sleepiness etc goes away an it actually makes be unable to sleep when I take it at nite.

Hugs,
    Marcia