Cymbalta??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Coping2, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Coping2

Coping2 New Member

Anyone on Cymbalta?? Just wondering about any side effects and how long it takes for them to subside.
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

hey, just thought I would give you my view on cymbalta. the Dr. just changed me from prozac to cymbalta because it has some properities in it that can help with the pain. They use it in diabetics to help with there leg pain along with depression. side effects can include nausea, dry mouth,fatigue, constipation, drowsiness, dizziness. if you have these and they continue, check with your Dr.. Read your paper they give on the drug when you pick it up.. hope this helps
  3. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I have been on 60 mg cymbalta for 2 weeks, it ishelping but very dry mouth and sore breasts.
  4. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I just started Cymbalta about 3 weeks ago. I have been pleased with the lower level of pain that I have and I don't have as big of an appetite, but I can't seem to get over being more tired and having to take a nap every day.

I started out on 30 mg. then went to 60mg. each of these were once a day. I was so sleepy on the 60mg that all I wanted to do was sleep.

Now I am back to 30mg once a day. Still sleepy and tired. I don't know if I have been any help since I am still trying to work my dosage out.

Cymbalta also takes away a lot of my water retention.

I would also like to hear from someone who has been on Cymbalta for some time to see of the sleepiness eventually goes away.

Jodi
  5. luv2float

luv2float New Member

there has been a lot of postings here about cymbalta.

go to the search column above and type it in and you will get tons of information.

i am on it, and think it has done wonders. good luck.
  6. cstout

cstout New Member

I was on 30mg of Cymbalta ,pain reduced but was so nauseated had to be taken off.Felt like I had extreme morning sickness all the time.Really helped the pain so I have thought about asking if there is a lower dose.I thought it only came in 30 and 60 ?Does anyone know?
  7. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

So far I am thinking Cymbalta might be ok......first FM drug so I have little experience.....It took away a good bit of the leg pain in a couple days but it really leaves you with a dry mouth.....drink lots of water....I had been taking st. johns wort for depression and was able to go off this right away with no bad effects so the anti-depression part seems to be kicking in.....a little nauseated if i go without eating so I try to eat thru out the day a little. Don't appear to have much appetite and I agree water retention seems to be less. Not really tired but I only take 20mg. twice a day. I pay $200 for 60 pills in Texas.....no medical insurance.....anyone have a good source where it can be ordered with a prescription for less?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2005]
  8. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I have ordered online from Pharmacy Geoff (Cymbalta is under "generics"..to the left on main page).

GENERIC CYMBALTA (SYMBAL) - 40mg (10 TABLETS): $ 14.00 each

It is already being made by an Indian drug company generically. I have taken it without any problems. Pharmacy Geoff is recommended by drugbuyers.com.
  9. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I have been on cymbalta for a few months and had to go to 90 mg dose. I'd gotten past the sleepiness effects and then didn't get them filled for about two weeks and had to start over and the sleepiness has returned. It took a long time to get past that part. For the good news. I'd lost 30 pounds while taking it the first time around and maintained my weight when I was without my pills for those 2 weeks. When I returned to taking them again, the weight loss has also resumed, meaning I'm losing more weight again. It is helpful for the pain for me, but only at the higher dose, and it helps SOME with the depression, but I still have to take paxil with it. I'm thinking the combo of those two meds is aiding the weight loss.
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm on Cymbalta 60 mg and have been for about 3 weeks now. I haven't had any side effects with it so far. If I do, I'll post directly to you about what I have.

Cymbalta has really made a difference with my migraine and pain tolerance level. I can finish a day a work, something I wasn't able to do for a few weeks before starting on Cymbalta.

Take care and good luck if you are starting it!

Warm Wishes, Jeannette
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

Hello, coping - I love the stuff!!!!

I had no side effects while on 30 mg. dose; however, when I increased my dosage to 60 mg, it make me rather sleepy during the day. Kept with it for a few days anyway.

After about a week of being on the 60 mg, I started taking 30 mg in the morning and 30 mg in the evening. This eliminated the sleepiness during the daytime.

I just had to make sure the doc wrote my script for 30 mg capsules - to take 1 in AM and 1 in PM; otherwise, the pharmacist would have filld it for 60 mg capsules.

Janet
  12. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

I read in someones post that they didn't feel that Cymbalta took care of all of their depression...that they also were given Paxil. I was on Paxil alone for 6 months at a time twice after my divorce...it really put me on track again and I feel that it did better than Cymbalta for depression. Seeing that someone online takes both makes me feel I might actually be able to get back some of my old self again...things are going down hill and I need to go back to working more at my own business since I'm the only one working there. : ) Depression is a road block. How much Paxil is prescribed I wonder with Cymbalta...I take 20 mg twice a day and I think took 30 mg of Paxil once a day at the time. Anyone else take both?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2005]