CYMBALTA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reeny64tang, Oct 12, 2005.

1. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

HI -- BEEN HAVING REALLY BAD HEADACHES AND NOT SLEEPING -- RHEUMY PUT ME ON CYMBALTA YESTERDAY --- ANY INPUT --- GOOD OR BAD

THANKS
  2. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,
    I have been on cymbalta for approx. 2 months..it has helped with the fatigue and some with the pain. At first it was a big difference, but now not so much. Most medicine works opposite on me, so it did not make me sleepy at all...just some slight nausea. Hope it works well for you.
  3. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

THANKS AJP -- I WORK ALL DAY & I HAVE TO TAKE ONE IN THE MORNING AND AFTER 7 DAYS I HAVE TO TAKE ANOTHER ONE AT NIGHT -- HOPEFULLY IT DOESN'T MAKE ME SLEEPY - I WILL BE GETTING FIRED.... I TOOK MY FIRST ONE THIS MORNING -
    THANKS AGAIN
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have been on it about a month or so now & I like it. It seems to help me a bit w/headaches but also with my all-over aches & burning as well. I don't think it makes me tired - I take it in the morning and get through work just fine.

Good luck
    Kelly
  5. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

thanks kelly --- hopefully it helps me -- glad something has helped you too.
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

remember everyone's body chemistry is different and it is trial by error and i hate that fact.

but i had not great experience with it. started at 20 mgs. in the morning sleepy all day long. thru me off even more thatn the usual insonmia that i have all the time. then they said take it at night didn't work on me, then they upped the dosage to 40 mgs, and then 60 mgs, and bam i hve gained 3o lbs on it quickly. and it didn't help w/my anxiety and they lowereed it down to 20 mgs. well i stopped taking it. i haven't told the docotro yet i know you are supposed to. but i'm sick and tired of not getting much benefits of these ad's except weight gain and side effects. so i am tryig to go w/o for now and i will meet w/him again and see what else there may be. i may just need totry something else. plus the jerking and twitiching in arms and legs hands shoulders face drives my batty. can't hardly sleep when this happens. all day long worse on the highger dose.

good luck and it didn't do anythign for my pain but i have more than fibro going on to.
  7. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I've been on Cymbalta for one week. I noticed a difference in the pain almost right away. Sleep has been
    "the usual" waking up at 4 am, even on Ambien, but I'm glad to not feel so groggy in the morning with Trazadone. I am on 30mg per day and I take it in the late afternoon. I'm not really hungry, so I've already lost a few pounds and I am a little sleepy all day. I've noticed some nausea, but not too bad and it goes away quickly. My mood is much better, probably because it's been days since I had a bad pain day. I love it so far. If I have even less pain on 60 mg, I'll be thrilled!! I've heard it's hard to get off of, just like Effexor, so be warned.
    I hope it works well for you.