cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammis, Dec 15, 2005.

1. tammis

tammis New Member

Anyone on this med?Im sure/If so can you please give me feedback,My Dr.may be putting me on it,Says its good,Please give me feedback,Thankyou All!!!
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I take the maximum dose.. 60 mg every morning and night.. 120 mg. a day..I've been on it for about 3 months now. Initially I had side effects.. I felt tired/wired.. couldn't sleep but exhausted.. I had a bit of nausea.. felt stoned.. I almost stopped taking it then decided to ride it out.. I know I have less pain in my hips.. my trigger points are a little less sensitive. I have some new headaches I didn't have before.. I thought it had cured my fibro fog but I'm having trouble with that again. I've been really fighting my weight on it. I am really struggling just to maintain though some people lose weight on it. It can cause .. well.. how to put this nicely.. It can take a little more work in the bedroom to achieve the same result.. I think I'm handling stress a little better on it.. maybe.. kind of hard to say as my job is a pressure cooker but it feels like I'm not freaking out over things.. Some people think this drug is a miracle.. it's not a miracle for me, but it helps enough for me to continue to take it. They will need to monitor your liver function on it and you are supposed to avoid alcohol while you are on it to protect your liver.. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

not good for me for anything but it worked for weight gain...sleepy at first ridicoulus could have slept for all day he said take it in the morning so did so i had to run to bed...didn't hlpe i got mycoloinic jerks.....

i would say it is diffentely worth a try because everyone is diffferent...trial by error...

jodie
  4. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

Go up to the top of this page to Search and type "cymbalta" and you will get a lot of information.
  5. adberens

adberens New Member

Cymbalta at 60mg did nothing for me but at 120mg per day really took away the pain. I am amazed at how good I feel. At first it seemed to give me more energy but that seemed to wear off. It did not effect my weight. I did not realize how much pain I was in until it went away.