CYMBALTA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jan42, Mar 9, 2006.

1. jan42

jan42 New Member

Hi everyone
    Anyone taking cymbalta for pain and depression? been on it for 10 days now, will keep everyone posted.
    Love to all
    Jan
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I took cymbalta for four months and stopped. It just didn't help me but good luck to you. Put cymbalta in the search box and you'll find TONS of posts on it.

Have a great day,
    Tona
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I started a year ago at 30mg.Now I'm at 120mg the max.

Take it for pain and depression.

I used to take and still am neuontrin.I was only taking that it did not help much...Than the cymbalta.....I was told by my doctors that they work together to help pain.

I take 120mg of cymbalta once a day at noon and 600mg of neuontrin 3 times a day.

It helps but it does not get rid of the pain completely.I still have pain 24/7 just not as bad.I also take oxycoton and vicoden for the pain....

You would think with all that the pain would be completely gone .Not.....And I still have week long flares.

Good luck on the cymbalta. And remember we are all different.

Sue
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I've been on it over six months now and it is working well for me. My dosage is 60 mg.

But like the previous posters have said - we ARE all different - especially when it comes to brain chemistry. What works well for one person might be terrible for another.

You have to try and see. If it's not working well, its fortunate that there are many others that can be tried. I get resistant - so I usually have to change up the anti-depressant every couple of years.

I have been on Prozac, Serzone, Effexor, Celexa, Zoloft and now the Cymbalta.

The best thing about Cymbalta for me is that I got my "sexual groove" back (LOL).
  5. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i'm taking it, 20 mg right now.
    i don't know exactly how long i've been on it,
    but it's been over a month.

it started helping with depression from the first time i took it,
    but it hasn't really helped my pain yet.
    and it's making me gain weight, like crazy.