CYMBALTA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LUVCOUNTRY, Jun 2, 2006.

1. LUVCOUNTRY

LUVCOUNTRY New Member

I HAVE HAD FIBRO SINCE 97 AND HAVE BEEN ON PAXIL SINCE THE START. IT'S NOT WORKING ANYMORE. SO I AM GOING TO START TAKING CYMBALTA TO SEE HOW I DO. I HAVE HEARD GOOD AND BAD ABOUT IT. ANYONE HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH IT.

2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

for a very short period of time. I ran out and had major withdrawals. I felt like I was going crazy, walls closing in on me. I was faint, dizzy, light-headed.

When I got my refill I started feeling better. I sleep way too much and I blame it on the Cymbalta. Dr. raised my dose from 30 mg to 60 mg and I have lowered it to 30 on my own. I am doing this to see if the excessive sleepiness gets better.

This may not be exactly the info you're looking for, but it's all I know.

Linda
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I've been on it for a long time now and I love it!!

It has helped my fibro pain.

I did find that I couldn't take the entire 60 mg in the morning because it made me to sleepy all day, so my doc prescribes 30 mg capsules and to take 2/day - one in the AM and one in the PM. That works great for me!

Good luck with it.
  4. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I have been on it for I think a year. Hasn't helped with the pain, and I think it has caused me to gain a little weight. Otherwise, its not bad. DOn't suffer from depression anymore.

Dawn
  5. LUVCOUNTRY

LUVCOUNTRY New Member

COOL

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES - I HOPE IT WORKS FOR ME. I ACTUALLY GAINED WAIT ON PAXIL. WHICH CAN BE A SIDE EFFECT. HOPEFULLY CYMBALTS WILL NOT DO THE SAME.

THANKS AGAIN

6. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I was on Paxil for several years. When I had the worst flare of my life, my Doc asked me to try Cymbalta. I had terrible pain nothing else would touch and all kinds of nerve issues. For Me the Cymbalta is controlling the nerve and pain issues. I am on 120mgs per day. One 60 in the morning and one in the evening.

I weaned off the Paxil very slow as I started the cymbalta. No major side effect this way. After several months I started with anxiety issues again so now I am on both Paxil and Cymbalta which seems to be helping me with Fibro fog and Anxiety. For this I am greatful.