Cymbalta?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aka1977, Jul 11, 2006.

1. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

I was wondering about Cymbalta. I was at my doctor yesterday and wanted her to raise my Wellbutrin XL, been on 300mg since 12/04, she said no. I told her I was having so much pain and depressed, I suffer from Fibromyalgia to. She wanted to add 60mg a day of Cymbalta to my already 300mg a day of Wellbutrin XL, I also take Armour Thyroid, and Zocor. I was wondering for anyone who has taking it what are the most common side effects? I'm especially worried about WEIGHT GAIN, because back in 2001 I was on the wrong meds and I went from 125lbs to 163lbs in about a year and a half, and since 2003 and getting on correct meds, I lost the weight and am back down to 120lbs. So I would like thoughts on all side effects. Who has gained, anyone lost, just and feedback.

Thanks,
    akarott
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

The only side effect that I had when I took it was about a week of a little nausea (only the first week) until my body adjusted to it. Other than that, I didn't have any other side effects. I wasn't on the same combination of meds that you are either, though. I liked the Cymbalta. It made me feel better mentally, but I couldn't tell that it did anything for my pain. There are many others on here that do get relief from pain from the Cymbalta though, I believe.
  3. hangten52

hangten52 New Member

I've been on Cymbalta for about 6 mths now and only side effect I had was alittle nausea for about the first 2 wks. I don't get any pain relief from it but otherwise, it works. I don't take anything with it-I also take 60mg of it by itself and it works fine.

donna

[ advertisement ]