cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dayo, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Dayo

Dayo New Member

Hi! has anyone tried cymbalta or Duloxetine. I want to try it, it is good for pain and is also an anti depressent, What do you think?. I need to try something and I am up for ideas. Take Care. Hang in there guys!!!! Dayo
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It is good for depression but I have not had luck with a decrease in pain. I actually went to 120 mgs. a day to see if that would help, and it didn't at all. In fact, I was very emotional, depressive symptoms.

So, I went back to 60 mgs. and have been less depressed but the pain level is the same. So I guess more is not always better.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sue
  3. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

I started on Cymbalta about 2 years ago (I think).

I didn't think it was doing anything so I quit taking it.

My hands and feet started hurting unbelievably. I couldn't understand why because they had hurt before and had stopped and all of the sudden they were hurting again.

One of my friends with Fibro asked me if I hadn't just quit cymbalta and finally I understood it.

I started back taking it again and the hand and foot pain went away again.

I would not have known how much it was helping the pain had I not quit taking it.

It wouldn't hurt to try it.

Dee
  4. adberens

adberens New Member

Cymbalta has really helped me for pain. I have CFS but have not realized how bad the pain was until I went on Cymbalta and had the pain relieved. It is wonderful. I still have pain but not the overwhelming constant pain. It also helps my mood.
  5. Dasydoo

Dasydoo New Member

Didn't make me happy or help the pain a bit. Just expensive.