Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skyoncloud9, Oct 18, 2006.

1. skyoncloud9

skyoncloud9 New Member

I was on Cymbalta for a year and a half. I thought I couldn't live without it at one point and considered it a dream come true at first. However I gained 75 pounds in 1 year, become numb to almost every emotion and started having sweats at any time of the day. The only emotion that seemed to every make it to the surface was anger. I just didn't seem to care about anything.

I went cold turkey which I don't suggest. At first I thought I was going crazy, but I am off about 15 days now. I find myself sitting on the fence. Knowing I don't want to be numb, but back to pain all day and feeling like nobody understands.

My thoughts are with anyone else that is brave enough to try and face not living a numb life. I will try and get back into my yoga, eating well and resting when I need to rest to deal with FMS. I hope I can live without the Cymbalta.
  2. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I've just started taking Cymbalta two weeks ago. I take Lyrica and have still been in pain and my RD increased my dose and prescribed Cymbalta.

I'm not sure how it effects me yet. I guess these drugs take a while to kick in. I do remember taking Prozac years ago and I hated it for the same reason you do.

It's pretty weird to hear someone say the same thing I felt about antidepressants long before I was diagnosed with FM. I hope I won't get that going through the motions feeling again.

I'll let you know. I'm sorry you feel so alone, but you're not. We're here. I know there are other drugs you could try. Or maybe you could decrease your dose? Probably not because it is a time released drug.

I wish I could help more.

Abbycat