Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stacielynn, Jul 29, 2008.

1. stacielynn

stacielynn New Member

I was just put on cymbalta a week ago now. I have read so many bad things about it that I am scared to stop taking it. My family doctor is the one who diagnosed my CFS years ago and now diagnosed the fibro. I made an appointment with the nearest rheumatologist to try and get more answers and for more explainations. I have been in so much pain for so long and test after test has been run still with no answer.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

2. JohnThreeSixteen

JohnThreeSixteen New Member

I keep making this same post defending Cymbalta, lol. It was the best A/D for my pain, loved it! I started to wonder if I even had FMS to begin with. Due to sexual side effects (as with most A/D) I switched and MAN did I discover that not only do I really have FMS (how could I forget) but that A/D really DO help with pain. Just be sure to tape off if you ever stop taking ANY A/D. I had to taper off Lexapro. I tried cold turkey and had KILLER headaches everyday for 3 weeks straight until I figured out it was withdrawal, duh. I then tapered off and was fine.
  3. stacielyn how are u doing with it? I just got mine but always am so afraid of new meds. But I am in such pain I need to do something. I wonder if u can take vicodin with it? AND why are u going off it? didn't it help?
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2008]
  4. stacielynn

stacielynn New Member

I took it a couple days and was so high I had my family freaked out. I was all over the road when I was driving. No, I don't drink so that couldn't be it. I think it just interacted with my other meds.