Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Thee Ox, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Thee Ox

Thee Ox New Member

HI all,
    What do you think of Cymbalta?
    Doc prescribed it for depression and for the pain relief of fibro.

Can anyone out there tell me how it did or is working for them and all the lovely side effects?

Yer Pal.
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i meant to respond the other day when you posted this, but did not remember til now.

Cymbalta has been a Godsend for me. i really didn't think it was gonna work, just because of all the other meds i've tried, but i was pleasantly surprised with Cymbalta

it started working for me within about a week.

the biggest thing it has helped me with is the morning pain and stiffness. the over all body aches have dropped too.

i still have a couple bad days here and there, and it seems to wear off by the end of the day, but all in all, i really like Cymbalta.

i would say to give it a try, it couldn't hurt (more than we already do.) =)

i hope you have good results with it.
  3. Skyemberr

Skyemberr New Member

I took Cymbalta for a couple of months in 2007. Initially I felt better, but then I started to get very severe tremors, so bad that I could not do simple things like put frosting on a cake. My doc switched me to Lyrica and I seem to be doing better on that.

Cymbalta does ont seem to be a bad drug, but for some people there is a very adverse effect!
  4. loto

loto Member

Cymbalta for me, is the only medicine of that type that I have tolerated, and that helps me tremendously.
    I don't have any side effects now. Maybe when I first started taking it I experienced dry mouth, but other than that, I love it.
    Oh, but, it does make me sleepy, so I have to take at bedtime.

Hopefully it works for you also!!!
  5. Thee Ox

Thee Ox New Member

You said "i would say to give it a try, it couldn't hurt (more than we already do.) =)"
    You got THAT right!! LOL

Thanks for your reply. And thanks Sky and loto. I appreciate yer feedback. Looks as if med has helped all of you! That makes me glad, really glad.
    God Bless

[This Message was Edited on 09/25/2009]
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I have been taking Cymbalta for a few years now. I love it. It works great for me.

I only had one side effect. The dosing amount for fibro is 60 mg. once daily. It could be higher for individuals who need more for depression, etc.

You take just 30 mg. daily for the first week or two--can't remember exactly how many weeks, then you up the dose to 60 mg. daily as your maintenance dosage.

Well, taking 60 mg. in the morning was just way too much for me. I was so sleepy all day that I could barely keep my eyes open! I don't want to sit in a chair asleep all day, so I went back to my doc and explained.

We decided to have the prescription written for 30 mg capsules, to take 1 in the A.M. and one in the P.M. OMG, this worked sooooo much better. I now do not have any of that druggy, sleepy problem now.

When my 30+ yr old daughter started on it, I believe it made her a little nauseated for the first week or two, then it quit. She also takes hers twice a day like I do.

I am also a diabetic and the Cymbalta is approved for diabetics and is also supposed to help the diabetic neuropathy as well as the fibro pain.

It doesn't take all of my pain away, and I take it in conjunction with quite a few other things, but they all take the edge off enough to live through the day! lol