1. karebear777

karebear777 New Member

I have been on this for a month now and have had many side affects...the newest is breast tenderness and painful like when I was nursing my children....has anyone had anything similar?
  2. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi karebear!

I have been taking Cymbalta for about 2 years and it has worked extremely well for me! I don't remember having any side effects though I have the memory of a gnat,lol! I looked up Cymbalta side effects and not one listed breast tenderness and pain but who knows. Sometimes there are other factors that contibute to breast issues. Getting ready to start your period though I'm sure you thought of that and being pre-menopausal or going through menopause. One time I ran out of my Cymbalta and noticed that my fibro pain and fatigue got worse so I guess it works good in those areas which is great.

I would call your drs. office just to see what they think and maybe other women have experienced what you are going through. I hope this side effect goes away quickly as many do after about a week to 10 days! Good luck and keep us posted!

Faith, Peace and Comfort, Julie

P.S. Maybe Jam is right about the iodine because my dad says it's good for CFS, depression and I think respitory also. He's a health nut so I'm going to start taking it as soon as the bottle he ordered for me gets here. I'll let you know how it works![This Message was Edited on 08/15/2011]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It may or may not be coincidental but there are a bunch of smaller lymph nodes in the breasts. If they become blocked, they will become very inflammed and sore. I have had this due to Sjogren's and the only relief I can find is to massage the sore area gently. I know this sounds so painful but it does provide quick relief. I lie on my back so that there isn't so much pressure on the breasts from hanging down. You might try it. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. cheryl50

cheryl50 Member

5. cheryl50

cheryl50 Member

I have been taking Cymbalta now for 2 months and I have tenderness all the time as well as sharp shooting pains in my breast. When I was pregnant they didn't hurt this bad, and is on both sides. Think im going to ask my doctor to change my meds. So tender I can't even hug my honey, not good.
  6. newlifer

newlifer Member

I have to do the massage thing too.