Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ledev68, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ledev68

ledev68 New Member

I finally got in to see a pain doctor for my fibro, and he basically said there is nothing he can do for me. He did say I might benefit from Cymbalta, as not only am I in pain but I am very depressed. I am on Celexa but doesn't seem to be working for me. Unfortunately he says only one in five people that come into his office have actually found that it helped with their pain. Not good odds in my book, but I don't think it can hurt to try it, better than not trying anything at all. Would like to hear others' luck with Cymbalta, and advice on whether or not I should try it. Thanks.
  2. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I tried Cymbalta in the past and it didn't work for me; however, everyone with this illness is different. My boyfriends mom doesn't have fibro but she has another chronic pain disorder and it does wonders for her! One thing you will learn is that what works for one person doesn't always work for another. I think you should try it and see. It can't hurt and maybe it will be the one that will work for you!!! I'm still looking for my one cure and I won't give up until I find it!!!

Best of Luck!
  3. KKMK

KKMK New Member

I tried it and it did not work well for me. I caused a lot of nausea and vomiting. (That was several years ago) My best friend tried it and is weaning herself off of it now. She gave it a good 3 months and it really didn't work well for her either. (She also has Fibromyalgia) On the other hand I have several "acquaintances" that it has worked well for -though not a cure or a miracle pill - it has still improved their quality of life.
  4. azmiranda

azmiranda Member

I just recently tried Cymbalta. I suffer from depression and fibro/arthritis and I think it is awful. I have never felt worse actually. I work in a Dr's office and we always have loads of samples so I went off my Effexor XR which worked wonders for me and went on Cymbalta. Uck...I feel sick, tired and brain dead. I am really thinking it is the Cymbalta since I haven't changed to any other meds but like others have said all of us react differently to medication so it is worth a try. I however am going to go off of it asap.