Cymbelta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luhu, May 31, 2006.

1. luhu

luhu New Member

Hello it has been awhile since I have been on here but I have a question about Cymbelta. My Dr wants me to try it but I am kinda 'ify' about it because I have tried sooooo many other types of medication.

Also I use my heating pad because it seems to ease the pain more then ice but, 2 days ago I noticed that my back looks 'brused' could this just be caused from my blood vessels being raised to the skin surface. I do not keep it on high I turn it down to med/low heat.
    Anyone had this problem?

Thanks for all your input.
    Luhu
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I am currently taking Cymbalta 60 mg/day as an anti-depressant. I switched from Zoloft, because Zoloft has been associated with interfering with the thyroid and I have thyroid disease.

Two nice things about Cymbalta -

1) transition from Zoloft was the first "seamless" switch of an AD med that I have ever had.

2) I had a lot of difficulty "climaxing" on just about any anti-depressant you could mention. I have been on almost all of them. NO problems whatsoever with Cymbalta.

But - for me, it did not help my pain. Only since coming here was I aware that it is being used to treat FM pain.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie