Cyst and Lyme Disease

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Lymehead, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Lymehead

Lymehead New Member

Diagnosed Nov 2011 with Lyme, no co infecs, however, tests are never totally ones to rely on, right?

Healing well from a mass I developed on the calf muscle shortly after the diagnoses of Lyme Disease. The tests specifically and clearly indicated POS. for Lyme in 2010. Yes, been treated orally and IV. I am chronic. Never was caught in time. Family dr, now retired, stated that the bite I received in summer of 2009, was "cellulitis".

Just to keep this short, I had major fatigue, low fever, joint pain, major neck and head pain, memory impairment, walking difficulty (used the cane for awhile), sentences didn't make sense, eye challenges, runny nose x one year before diagnoses, flu like feeling and weakness (plus more). I ended up in ER in 2010/December from my horrible symptoms that, one again, I had thought was M.S.

Anyway, this mass was removed two wks ago, I am doing very well. Dr. thought it was unusual it started growing within the muscle. It was 2.5 years I had this mass and it was a little larger than a golf ball. It is benign.

What do you believe/think? Related to Lyme? The Ortho doc doesn't believe it's related to Lyme. I wonder.........

Happy New Year Ya'll (from Ohio)
    Lymehead
    [This Message was Edited on 01/01/2012]
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I think it's hard to say. Tick borne diseases can be so complicated, but they are known for creating cysts.

I was reading about how Bartonella can create cysts in the liver.

So glad you are doing well...that is great!

Are you still treating?

You are right about the tests for coinfections not being reliable too.

Happy New Year to you also!![This Message was Edited on 01/02/2012]
  3. Lymehead

Lymehead New Member

I am no longer in treatment,doctor stopped, thought it was enough. I was deathly ill, still. I fought it, researched and did my protocol and it has worked.

My WBC and RBCs continue to be on the low side as if I'm always gonna be fightin infections. Since I put back ten pounds, I am better, stronger and more energetic.

Lymehead
    have a good day!
  4. KKMK

KKMK New Member

I contracted Lyme Disease when I was 21. It was not diagnosed until I was 24 and I am now 31. I had a ganglion cyst removed BEFORE the Lyme Disease, but I also have a few "fatty cysts" that my Dr doesn't seem worried about. I have had them for about 5 years. I can't say they are Lyme related because of the one cyst that occured before the bite, but I can't say they aren't because I never had that TYPE of cyst before LD. My "offending" bite was on my right leg, and my cysts are on my left left. Go figure. I really wouldn't rule out anything with this disease though. Glad you are feeling better.
  5. Lymehead

Lymehead New Member

I hope you are better. It's such a long road of misunderstandings and serious challenges with LD!

I have gotten much better with the aid of "Oil of Oregano". I faithfully ingested small doses then increased them. For me, and only me, I swear by it. The herxing was quite uncomfortable but I knew it was my "die off".

Blessings and have a good weekend!
    Lymehead