cyst on liver anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Jul 13, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Another one of my recent discoveries via abdominal ct scan.

Has anyone else had this, I have searched and not found any mention yet.........

Jaci
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I just responded to another of your posts! I have also been told by abdominal ultrasound, that I have several liver cysts, and one on my left kidney. Both the radiologist & doctor who reviews these scans, and my doctor who received the report, called them "simple" cysts, and said they are nothing to worry about, apparently very common. I think some people are just cyst-formers; I am also prone to ovarian cysts which have caused me some grief over the years. Definitely check with your doctor, but unless they are very large or in an awkward location (like my latest ovarian cyst was stuck to my abdominal wall & causing me excessive bleeding), they are probably nothing to worry about---but do ask your doc...

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Thanks for taking the time to let me know!!

I will bring it up to Madwolf today, I see him this afternoon.

Jaci
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I had ct scans done yesterday due to a very small spot on my liver and my left kidney. I am anxious, after being diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. Hopefully, by Monday, i'll know that they are normal cysts. I won't accept any other answer! LOL

Thanks for posting this!

Kim

5. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

on my liver, which is called a hemangioma. this means that it is a blood vessel tumor. They say dont worry about it? right..... they found it from an MRI scan. I guess its not uncommon to find cysts, etc... if in doubt always get a 2nd opinion. Blessings, Iggy