Cystoscopy and Ureteroscopy anyone have these tests?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am about to have either one of these tests, depending, on the results of a Urine Culture, that was taken yesterday, tues.

I just feel like I can not take one more test, for yet another condition.
    When will it stop?

My Sis who lives with me and my hubby, is in the hospital, with a Infectious Bowel obstrustion.
    It's here Birthday, too, seem's like every year she has to go in on her BD.
    She has Ulcerated coloitis, and lymphadema, along with a MRSA.

We are both having similiar pains, but different Health problems,
    It's very hard to deal with it all.
    In 6 years we have lost 5 family members, 2 in one year,

I think my nerves are shot, I am suppose to be the Brave one, but I;m not, and all I want to do is hide in my room and never come out again.

Never just chock up a symptom to having Fibro, because, sometimes it's not, this is one of thoes times.

Has anyone ever had these test's and did it hurt, sick of pain,
    and did they have to use dyes, for the test's
    I can't have thoes either, due to major allergies.

Hope they only do a CT, and not the one where they fill you bladder up with water, last time I had that done, I exploded all over the table.
    I was so embarassed, the Testing people were nice, about it,

but boy, it hurt, and it brought on a fibro flare, already having one , tho.

thanks for any input you can offer.
    Things just suck right now,

2. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Bruin63 - I had a cystoscopy done ONCE and I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER HAVE ONE AGAIN. It was way too painful - and that was about 15 years ago and I haven't forgotten it.
  3. nixon

nixon New Member

also 2 sigmoidoscopys, but mine were done under anesthesia while I was having other surgeries done. I can't imagine having those done while awake!!! I felt nothing afterwards, although I was able to pee right away,.....didn't have a bowel mvmt. for 7-8 days afterwards. Andrea
  4. Rgonza2

Rgonza2 New Member

Dear sharonk,
    I had to go through the ureteroscopy about 4 years ago due to kidney stones. It was probably the worst pain I have ever gone through! It was about 3 months after going through all of this pain and trauma that the switch flipped and the fm started. They say sometimes trauma can trigger the fm.
    I am so sorry that you need to have this..One thing that did help me was to sit in as a hot of bath as you can stand and just soak. The ER dr. told me to do this and it did offer some relief.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and hopefully you will have a better dr. than I did that will do a better job and be considerate of how painful this procedure can be.
  5. Densgirl

Densgirl New Member

I had a Cystoscopy to diagnose my intersistial cystitis and it was a piece of cake because I was given a spinal. I had the hydro dilation and it well fine. I was diagnosed with IC, but the dilation did wonders for me. I still have the picture of my bladder and it looked like a bloody oin cushion. Doctor was amazed at how well I did because he said it was the worst case of IC he had seen. It comes and goes now, but I have long periods between flares.

6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

When I read up on this test, they did mention giving the pt. a spinal,
    and that is so out of the ? for me.

The last one, was just that the last one, as I ended up in bed for 3 weeeks, I think that is when the FMS set in.

I had a clostoscope (sp is probably wr sorry) and it was in a Dr.s office with no anstesia at all, and it hurt like nothing I had ever felt before.

So unless they "Knock Me Out" with a local, like I had with my CT surgery, they are not sticking, any scope up any of my parts,
    :eek:) I can still feel it.

That is the problem for me, getting test s done without the Dyes, or Spianal,

I started drinking more water, just in case that is the problem, but the Pain is still there,

it sort of waxes and wanes tho, is that a sypmtom? or does the pain stay constant?

My Sis had both kinds of tests done, but she was knocked out at the time, and she had no probem with the test's.
    She has many problems tho, and I worry about her, they are going to treat her for now with IV's for now.

Thanks again, for the info, and I am so sorry that it did cause some of you so much Pain, and I would not be surprised if it did start up a Flare.
    I Hope your all doing better now and again thanks so much