cytomel for thyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hYpO-t, Nov 28, 2005.

1. hYpO-t

hYpO-t New Member

is there anyone here that has taken, or is taking cytomel for an under active thyroid? if so, has it helped you feel better and lose weight?
  2. SolarWinds

SolarWinds New Member

Armour is the best thyroid medicine to use.
    It is bio-identical. Cytomel is synthetic.

Some doctor will refuse to prescribe it.
    Ignore any negative feedback on Armour.
    There is nothing wrong with it, I take it.
  3. hYpO-t

hYpO-t New Member

thanks! i was never on a T3 before, only as of a week ago. does armour take away that "zombie" feeling and the feeling of fatigue? and will it help with any extra weight that was gained from being hypo? i realize everyone is different, but did it do these things for you?
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Doctor's found out I had hypothyroidism when I was just 9 years old. I was on Cytomel up until 1980. Then the new family doc put me on Synthroid. I went back to Cytomel around 2001 or so and have been on it ever since.

But now my endo treats me for hypothyroidism and to be honest the only thing is I don't have is constipation anymore, but I'm not sure if that is the Cytomel or other meds I take.

I'm on a diet and working to lose weight. I have a lot to lose since I got FMS and had to quit exercising.

I've never been on Armour thyroid meds before or talked to my endo about it.

Hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2005]