D-Ribose anyone? Need help with amount/type

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lau, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Lau

Lau New Member

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to start with d-ribose? Where to by and how to use. I'd like to give it a try, as I am desperate for some relief.

Much appreciation,
  2. debilyn

debilyn New Member

Hi Laurie,

I use Corvalen brand D-Ribose. I buy it here at Prohealth. It is what Dr. Jacob Tietlebaum recommends in his CFS/FM protocol.

I follow the directions on the jar.

3. layla1954

layla1954 New Member

Bioenergy RIBOSE is trademarked by the manufacturer, so if you see this: Bioenergy RIBOSEā„¢, it's the real deal. Same stuff as in corvalen, although I think corvalen has other ingredients added. I get this from vitacost.com, as it's by far the least expensive I could find - and it's still not cheap.

I took 15 grams a day (three divided doses) for a year or so and now have tapered to (usually) one 5-gram dose a day. I mix it in a little applesauce or pudding. Everybody's different, but for me - it increases my energy some, and helps muscle soreness & muscle fatigue A LOT. When I get that deep sore feeling in my muscles I go back to full dose for a while.

Lee Ann
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I buy mine from Swanson Vitamins on-line, 300 grams for about the same price as the stuff from Vitacost. I currently take 5 grams a day (1 scoop), although I started with 10 grams (2 scoops). I don't think "bioenergy" ribose really means anything - ribose is ribose.

It dissolves very easily in water and is very easy to take. I just take mine with breakfast.

5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Start with three scoops daily, spaced out over the day. You can purchase D-Ribose from Prohealth. I usually order mine from Life Extension Foundation (NFI).
  6. Lau

Lau New Member

Thank you all for your replies - I really appreciate it. I'm hoping this will help. - even if it's a little.

7. Lau

Lau New Member

Hi Glen -
    I just ordered some & will let you know how it goes. Hoping it will help with fatigue.
  8. hensue

hensue New Member

Would love to know how many people it has helped and how?
  9. Lau

Lau New Member

Hi everyone- just wanted to let you know I purchased d-ribose (from this site) and started yesterday. I will let you know. I am overly optimistic, as I usually am, hoping this next thing will help me.

I really need something now, as I am having the worst and longest flare-up in over 20 years. It seems to never be passing. I had 4 vein surgeries, the last at the end of february, and have not come back to my usual 'normal' level of pain since then. I figured it would cause a flare, but didn't count on it lasting this long. I have to get myself together, as I am having Mother's Day/ my Sons b'day at my house, and don't know how I'll do it. I had Easter dinner here also. Everything takes so long and requires energy I don't have. I am happy to have my family together though, even though I will pay a high price physically.

Anyway, I'll let you know.
    Love, Laurie
  10. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I've been taking it for 3 weeks now and it's helping me with energy. I'm going to keep with it and will follow this thread to see how the rest of you are doing.
  11. tonakay

tonakay New Member

back to page one to see if there are more Ribose users
  12. aftermath

aftermath New Member

It was a waste of money for me.

FYI, the "research" indicating that it was effective was not placebo controlled.