D-Ribose, NADH, Creatine, Mito cocktail

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ultrafeel, Dec 10, 2006.

1. ultrafeel

ultrafeel New Member

Hola All!

I just updated my database with D-Ribose and the Mito cocktail.
    I found out that D-Ribose is a component of NADH and has synergistic effects with Creatine!

Anybody tried it together with NADH and/or Creatine?

About the Mito cocktail: It is said, that sometimes D-Ribose is part of the Mito cocktail-mix. Anybody tried the Mito cocktail with D-Ribose as one of the ingredients?
    Any positive effects?

go to:
    www.cfs-healing.info

and click on D-Ribose in the orange box on the top left.

ciao
    fox
    Switzerland

[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2006]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I use NADH AND D-RIBOSE. And my son has Creatine here, so I will try using them together.

I visited that website, and it is a WEALTH OF INFORMATION. EVERYONE one would do well to bookmark that one and visit it often. Thanks.
  3. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

I'm starting the Myhill protocol today, which includes D-ribose, NAD, acetyl-l-carnitine,b12, coq10 and magnesium. I'll have to compare to the mito cocktail in detail.

Anyone care to expound on the difference between carnitine, l-carnitine, and acetyl-l-carnitine?
  4. patti3046

patti3046 New Member

I have searched the web for sources of D-Ribose, and I am finding it at about $50, but on the message boards, I hear people talking about $20. I live in Miami, but can order from anywhere. Who can help me on this? I am new to this forum. Thanks.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Clay2 - generally when people say carnitine, they mean l-carnitine. l-carnitine and acetyl-l-carnitine are very similar; however, the acetyl-l-carnitine crosses the blood-brain barrier and is supposed to help with mental functioning. I think some studies have shown it to be beneficial with Alzheimer patients. The l-carnitine does not cross the blood-brain barrier. I think in terms of helping with energy and heart function that they are comparable. And that's all I know -

Mary
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

I have had fantastic results with this. For the first month, I took the stuff everyday: ribose, coq10, nadh, acetyl l carnitine and magnesium. And I didn't really do creatine but once a week or so. Now I've cut way back on the ribose, maybe 1 gram every other day, coq10 once instead of twice a day, and nadh to every couple of days or when I think I need it and I'm still good. I use the acetyl l carnitine because it's supposed to be the most easily absorbed and I have deficiencies in everything and always get the most absorbable forms I can find.

It's like I just needed it (the cocktail) as a jump start and then I could cut back.

happy xmas!

karen
  7. BooBooKtty

BooBooKtty New Member

Swanson vitamins is selling it right now 300 gms.(10.5 oz.?) for $27.99. Great price, considering my discount health store is selling NOW brand ribose 4 oz. for $29. Oy!

BooBooKtty