D-Ribose or Ribose !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Has anyone taken or know anyone who has taken it and if it helped with their energy level and or another symptoms?

Also are there many side effects and canit be taken by anyone eith hi b/p?

If anmyone takes it and has had good results where did you get it as the cost is pretty high in some places.

One if my nursing classmates has been studying non traditional methids of healing , herbs, supplements, etc. instead of treditional med . He mentioned that it might help me.

Any information would be a big help to me.

Blessings and hugsGranni
    [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2010]
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Granni - I've been taking D-Ribose, however, it hasn't helped at all with my CFS. I haven't noticed any extra energy. For me at least, it was more money wasted.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This has helped a lot of people. I first started taking it 3 years ago (I can't believe it's that long - time is going way too fast), and when I first started it I noticed an increase in energy, it was great. Unfortunately, that wore off after awhile, but I keep taking it because it's supposed to be a very good source of energy for the heart, and I have cardiomyopathy related to CFS.

It's a special kind of sugar, I think can be taken by anyone. I've never heard of any side effects. You don't take a lot - recommended dose is usually 5 to 10 grams a day.

I buy a jar of 300 grams from Swanson Vitamins on-line (Vitacost has something similar). The jar costs about $28.00, and I take 5 grams a day, so it lasts me two months. I was taking 10 grams a day for awhile, but cut back.

Do a search on this board, you'll find other people who have taken it. It helps some, not others.

4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Have tried this for a few weeks, had no affect good or bad from it.

Worth a try as its helped others
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Does this seem to have any affect on your blood sugar ?

Will check back later on this weekend. Everydobby stay warm. Have a great weekend !

6. annonymous2

annonymous2 New Member

Following Dr. Oz's Energy Diet - where he highly recommends taking Ribose, for a very short time, I took the supplement Riobse. I did not have diabetes before taking this supplement. I became diabetic. I am currently on insulin. Multiple doctors have compared my test results from 3 months before taking Ribose and after and concluded that Ribose took my glocus level from low 90's to over 340. My Hemoglobin A1C also went from 5.7 to 12.2.

My recommendation to you is do NOT take this supplement. Not enough is known about it.
  7. Jayna

Jayna New Member

I have to take it with food or it strips the sugar out of my blood very quickly.

Also started immediately strengthening my heart. After about 6 weeks of regular use (1/2 tsp after meals in my tea) I noticed that the chest pain I'd had constantly for 3 years was all but disappeared. It only comes back now after exertion like stair-climbing, and goes away sooner.

Over all, it doesn't give me noticeable extra energy but it did ease my muscle-pain levels all over, diminish my post-exertional malaise, and strengthen my heart.

The only side effect was that it made me gassy if I took it in coffee or on an empty stomach.