D Ribose

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

What is the latest on taking this?

Anyone having continued success???
  2. tkearn5000

tkearn5000 Member

I've been taking it for about a month and a half and have noticed some energy improvement. I can now walk about a mile every few days, which is a lot better than I have been in over a year.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Wow, that is GREAT. If I could walk a mile every few days, it would be a VAST improvement!
  4. Cathy_B

Cathy_B New Member

I've just bought my 2nd bottle of d-ribose and feel that it has really improved my energy. I've been taking 2 - 3 doses of 5mg (1 tsp) per day. In the current issue of the magazine called FM Aware, there is an article about the use of ribose. There was mention of it not being recommended for people with diabetes, although it didn't not explain it in any detail. I need to explore that aspect further because my current blood work is showing that I am insulin resistant. I had already been using the ribose for at least 2 - 3 weeks prior to the blood work. I have read other posts here that say that there is no adverse effect in relation to diabetes, but the article in FM Aware seems to imply otherwise. If you register at FM Aware you can get the complete magazine on line for free or order a print subscription for a fee. I found the articles to be excellent.

I've been purchasing d-ribose from Whole Foods in Vancouver (brand name New Roots).
  5. spacee

spacee Member

Cheney says that 20% of his patients show no improvement. So that is a great many
    that seem too. I didn't have any improvement though. I guess I attained my max
    through transfer factors. Worked well for a few years...now not so good but can still

6. RedStang

RedStang New Member

I took this for about 2 months. Then it stopped working. Maybe you will have better luck than I did though.. and its expensive :/

I have been taking the kardashians new quick burn quick trim, Its a box of 60 and I think its around 20 bucks. (yep diet pills) and vitamin B for energy. It controls my appetite (thats broken) and also my fatigue (broken as well). LOL

Good luck to u.