Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mdjaj2231, Apr 8, 2012.

1. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Hello All,

Anyone have any experience with this?

2. SherylS

SherylS Member

Suppose to be good for energy. Wasn't good for me, made me feel worse. But I know it works for some people
  3. kbak

kbak Member

I've been using it for months now.I think it gives me a litttle more energy, but it's one of those things that if your money is tight, it's probably not worth buying because there's not a dramatic impact.
    Take care,
  4. deepak

deepak Member

What is really helping me with energy is the L-carnitine Fumarate.

I take 2 tablets a day - 850 mg
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It does help me with energy, it helps the cells produce ATP. I've been taking it for 5 years.

It is pricey, and I've found the cheapest way to take it is to buy the 300 gram container on-line for about $25 (cheaper than taking it in capsule form). I take about 3 teaspoons a day in divided doses. Dr. Myhill says it has a short half-life so is best taken in small doses. Also, caffeine is supposed to potentiate its effect so I add it to my coffee.

6. Allen

Allen Member

I take it daily and it helps to provide energy.
  7. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Unfortunately it was really wreaking havoc with my digestive system, so I had to go off.
  8. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

I take Ribose as often as I can afford it and it really works for me. I especially love the Carlson's Ribose Packets To Go. I put them in my purse and rely on them heavily when I have to travel for my job.
    Hope you like it also!
  9. cal-bunnygirl

cal-bunnygirl New Member

I took it once, i had such a reaction, i got soooo sick from it, it was torture. It felt like my entire body was poisned and oh.... just thinking of it.. oh torturous effect, i was so so sick from it.

It was the 2nd most extreme reaction I had ever had to a supplement or a medication. The only thing that was more hardcore was my reaction to Sevella, but this was really really bad. I told my doc about it, he said my body wasn't re-uptaking something or other. Can't remember what he said. He said less than 30% of his patients thought it helped them so he considered it placebo.

Now, I have known others who really like it though. Different things seam to help different people.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/29/2012]
  10. Gee1

Gee1 New Member

D-Ribose is best taken with NADH and Taurine. If you have musle / joint pain, they say Magnesium Malate helps; UK Dr Sarah Myhills Fab Four. All these things give hope, but one has to wonder if they do any real good. But it is very hard to do nothing except wait for time to cure us of ME/CFS. Time cures everyone. . . . .

11. greatgran

greatgran Member

but didn't help if anything I felt worse..