Da Nile isn't just a river!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rukiddingme57, May 12, 2009.

1. rukiddingme57

rukiddingme57 New Member

I've had fibro for a long time. Most of the time, it's mild - just don't squeeze or punch me affectionately. BUT I had my gallbladder removed laparascopically 7 days ago. Last night, I would have given everything I owned for a shot of decadron. My back, my chest, my neck - it attacked everywhere. I went to my primary care doctor today and got a month's worth of liquid zoloft (I don't withdraw well!) and some 1 ml. syringes. I took 10 mg. (.5 ml) worth in some juice and I'm feeling better already. The gallbladder surgery wasn't a problem - it was the resulting flare ups of IBS, reflux and fibro that were making me miserable. I figure I'll do the zoloft for about a month (don't need to gain a bunch of weight) until everything settles down. I had a lot of Norco left over from the surgery but knew that that wouldn't have done anything but just make me out of it - it wouldn't have touched the pain. In the future, I will start liquid zoloft ahead of surgery to make sure that the IBS and fibro won't go nuts again! Hope this helps someone.
  2. italiano

italiano New Member

I got a big kick out of the title of your post. It was good to smile...that does not happen often for me. I hear you. Many days things just don't touch the pain. hang in.