Dad's better now it's my mom

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by alaska3355, Feb 12, 2007.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I posted this on the chit chat board as well-
    My dad had a pacemaker put in last month and now he is doing well. My mom has always had a bad back with degenerative discs. Lately her pain has been unrelenting, so she had an MRI. It turns out that she has a bone disease and maybe cancer as well- not good news. Please pray for them to find good treatment and to have peace in whatever happens.......thank you.
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

O my gosh your family has had so much to deal with lately. Praying for your dad and mom. Asking that your dad keep doing so well and that your mom`s situation be fixable and not cancer. Take care.
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Prayers for your family. Each decade brings more maladies, our bodies run down. I pray that you all find peace with whatever happens.
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

You are a blessing to me.
  5. kgangel

kgangel New Member

O Dearest Alaska

So much on your plate and your dad doing better now to worry about mom.

I am so sorry for all you are going through. Remeber the power of prayer is great, so you came to the right place.

I will be praying for your mom and those caring for her as well as you and your family to give you his Peace and Strength.

God Bless you

hugs
    kgangel
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Mom has a bone scan. Please pray that the spot on her spine will be benign- that's the thing that could be cancerous, but could also be a clump of blood vessels (ganglia). Thank you for your prayers- I covet them!
  7. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

You, your Mom, and all of your family are in my prayers at this difficult time. I prayer that the scan will show that there is no cancer.

God bless; Pam
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

They had driven to the hospital, only to find out that the machine wasn't working. So she has a reprieve!
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

update on the ChitChat board, but she found out this week that there is no cancer.....yay! So that is ruled out and she can focus on her disc disease and getting help for that. Thank you for your prayers!
  10. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dearest Alaska

I am so sorry.

I will keep her in my prayers

God Bless you and your family

Gentle hugs

kgangel
  11. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am sure that is a huge relief for all of you. PTL

Love,
    Nancy
  12. 143alan

143alan New Member

Alaska,
    Sorry I'm just now reading this, but I will continue to pray for your Mom and Dad. PTL your Mom did not have cancer and I will pray that offer her methods to deal with DDD without surgery. I just went through a four level spinal fusion and I would not want anyone to have to go through that if they can avoid it. It was tremendously painful and a very hard surgery to go through. It seems to be taking forever to recover with a lot of pain to deal with on top of it. Of course having the DDD was painful as well but the meds they give now are a lot better.

I will also pray for your strength in dealing with all of this.

Take Care
    TN Nancy
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Yes, she has decided to postpone any surgery until she just absolutely has to have it. She has a better pain med, which she can take in the morning and, I think, in the evening. She does her housework in the morning and rests in the afternoon. Dad can fix supper, as now he likes to cook, so it's working out. They want to fly out to visit us this summer, but I won't count on anything until I see her.....her back may make it too painful to travel.

I hope your back gets better soon. Thanks for writing!
    Terri