Daily Dose April, 11

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Apr 10, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

John 12:27-32

"Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall
    I say, 'Father, save Me from this hour? But for
    this purpose I came to this hour.' (Thank you Jesus!)
    "Father, glorify Thy name."

There came therefore a voice out of heaven:
    "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it
    again."
    The multitudes therefore, who stood by and heard it, were
    saying that it had thundered; others were saying,
    "An angel has spoken to Him."
    Jesus answered and said, "This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.
    Now judgement is upon this world; now the ruler of this world shall be cast out.
    And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw
    all men to Myself."

v.34-36
    The multitudes answered, "We have heard out of the Law
    that the Christ is to remain forever; and how can You say,
    "The Son Of Man must be lifted up"?
    Who is the Son of Man?
    Jesus therefore said to them,
    "For a little while longer the light is among you
    Walk while you have the light, that darkness may not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes.
    While you have the light believe in the light,in order that you may become sons of light."

John 8:12
    Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life."
    v. 31-32
    "If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

Most of todays Word, is red lettered in my bible. Jesus's own words! Wow, i've always loved that red lettering, as a child i would pick our family's King James, and look at those red letters. I knew they were important, but i couldn't read them.
    When i bought my first bible, it had to have the red letters! Jesus's Word is life to me.
    "This little light of mine, i'm going to let it Shines!
    Don't let satan blow it out, I'm going to let it Shine!"

Let's take off our bushel baskets this week, and let our lights shine alittle. Sometimes we forget, when we are always struggling with these DD.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Like you, I always looked at all the red letters, knowing they were Jesus's words, and knew that they were so important that they were distinguished from the rest.

He is the Light of the World. Thank you for the post....In this dark, dreary day, I can go about my day in the "Light."

Sue
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m going to let it shine also, Thank you for taking the time for the daily dose. I read it every day. Gods blessing on you. hugs sixtyslady
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Thanks for the hugs, i like hugs!
    And red letters!

Hope you both feel good today. I've had a couple of nice days, after a long spread of yucky ones.
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

May God Bless you!

Love, Mari