Daily Dose April 12th

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Apr 12, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

John 14:1-6; 18-21; & v.5

"Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God,
    believe also in Me.
    In My Father's house are many dwelling places;
    if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
    And if I go and prepare a place for you,
    I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
    And you know the way where I am going."
    Thomas said to Him, "Lord we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?"
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me."

"I will not leave you as ophans, I will come to you.
    After a little while the world will behold Me no more;
    But you will behold Me; because I live, you shall live also.
    In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in You.
    He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will disclose Myself to him."

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."
    John 15:17
    "This I command you, that you love one another."

Our love for one another is what should set us apart from the world.
    These verses are all red letter words, it's Jesus's last words, and encouragement to his disciples before he went to the cross. And His promise to send the holy spirit to those who believe.
    His promise to alway be with us, think of it as being folded in Christ, and Him in the Father!
    No separation!
    Hallejuh!
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

" Let not your heart be troubled...." And it seems that so many things in this life make me troubled. I know Jesus was talking about His going away, but in other places the same thing is said.

Those verses mean so much to me. I would love it if Jesus would come back for all of us on Easter! Just as the sun comes up...There is no separation in our spirits; however, I would love to see Jesus face to face and I would love to see my dad again. That would be so neat.

You are wonderful to post these. I look forward to reading them.

Love in Him,
    Sue

Thank you for posting these each day.