Daily Dose April, 14

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Apr 14, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

And when they came to the place called The Skull,
    there they crucified Him and the criminals, one on the right and the other on the left.
    But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.
    And sitting down, they began to keep watch over Him.
    And they put up above head the charge against Him which read, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
    And when the sixth hour had come, darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour.
    And at the nenth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice,
    "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me?"
    After this, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I am thirsty"
    A jar full of sour wine was standing there; so thy put a sponge full of the sour wine upon a branch of hyssop, and brought it up to His mouth.
    When Jesus therefore had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!"
    An He bowed His head, and gave up His spirit.

And the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And when the centurion, who was standing right in front of Him, saw the way He breathed His last he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!"

Did you know Jesus fullfilled all the prophecys of the Old Testament, about the coming messiah?
    The probability of that is astronamical!!!

Jesus came, not to bring judgement, and condemnation;
    but reconciliation, healing what had been done by man in the garden. Love!
    Rom. 5:8, 10-11
    But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God
    through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Blessed Easter!

2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

We must all remember that he gave his life to save us. God Bless !
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Our faith is not in vain...Jeasus conquered death by rising again.

But, I must remember that he had to die, first, and a horrible death it was...and it was for my sin.

Thank you, Jesus.

Thank you for faithfully posting these thoughts.

Blessed Easter.

Sue
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I just remember when I was a kid all the store would be closed on Good Fri from 12;00 to 3;00.and sometimes it would cloud up and rain. and then the sun would come out.
    I was always in church on Good Fri with the choir.I wished I could have went today.I know I won"t feel good enough to go Easter, but I well watch on T,v. and take communiom with my husband and son at home.I read the Book HE choose the nails and how it hurt me to realize even some of the people Jesus had healed, denied known him because they where scared.How alone he must of felt. that book made me realized how much he suffered and My sins helped drive those nails in his hands and feet. and how much he really loves us.Praise to the Lord. Happy Easter. sixtyslady