Daily Dose April, 15

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Apr 15, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

And when it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathes, named Joseph, who himself had also become a disciple of Jesus.
    This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then pilate ordered it to be givin over to him.

...The soldiers, coming to Jesus, when they saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs;
    But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water.
    For these things came to pass, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, "Not a bone of Him shall be broken."
    And again another Scripture says, "They shall look on Him whom they pierced."

And Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock; and he rolled a large stone against the entrance of the tomb and went away.
    And Mary Magdalene was there, and the other Mary , sitting opposite the grave.

Now on the next day, which is the one after the preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees, gathered together with Pilate,
    and said, "Sir we remember that when He was still alive that deceiver said, "after three days I am to rise again."

Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go, make it as secure as you know how."
    And they went and made the grave secure, and along with the guard they set a seal on the stone.

I don't usally post on the weekends, but this is my favorite weekend of the year!
    Blessed Easter everyone.

2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks for posting today, its good to realize how much Jesus loves us. just feeling kind of bad today kind of sick to my stomach.hope it goes away. well be praying for all to have a blessed Easter. hugs Sixtyslady