Daily Dose June 17, We now have life

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Jun 17, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi all, i'm sneaking into my husband's office and using his computor, of course my kids will tell on me! LOL

I can probable get away with being on here at least once aday to read and pray. But can't hang out, off and on all day like with my computor.
    Have heard no word yet on my computor, please send sympathy cards it's very old!

Ephesians 2:1-10
    In the past you were spiritually dead because of your sins an the things you did against God.
    Yes, in the past you lived the way the world lives, following the ruler of the evil powers that are above the earth. That same spirit is now working in those who refuse to obey God.

In the past all of us lived like them, trying to please our sinful selves and doing all the things our bodies and minds wanted.
    We should have suffered God's anger because of the way we were. We were the same as all other people.

(Do you ever stop and take an inventory of your life before God? Are you set apart, from the worlds standards? I know for me, it's getting harder and harder to watch some of those pg-13 movies that are coming out! The language and messages in simple romantic comedies leave me feeling yucky!) P.S. loved Pride and prejudice, to bad more movies couldn't show that deepth of love without such crudity, sorry just a personal side track.

But God's mercy is great, and He loved us very much.
    Though we were spiritually dead because of the things we did against God, He gave us new life with Christ.
    You have been saved by God's grace. And He raised us up with Christ and gave us a seat with Him in the heavens.
    WoW!!!

He did this for those in Christ Jesus so that for all future time He could show the very great riches of His grace by being kind to us in Christ Jesus.

I mean that you have been saved by grace through believing. You did not save yourselves; it was a gift from God.
    It was not the result of your own efforts, so you cannot brag aboout it. God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing.
    end

I am struck by two things, i've notice all thru out the new testament that God put a high standard on obedience, even tho we are saved by grace. Honestly trying to obey shows Him our faith, and love, but when we blow it, we have his grace, and forgiveness.

also the last part about made for good works, before hand.
    I just love that thought!!God says He made little ole me for good things, good works!!! Before i was even born.

There are many "good things" people can do in life and just keep busy, however, i believe we need to ask God, what good thing would you have me do, that you made me for.

Each one of us has contact with certain people that no one else does! How can i show them christ? or just love on them, or pray for?
    Gotta go husbands home and will want his office

Bye,
    Love and hugs!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 06/17/2006]
  2. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I really enjoyed this post and will read it several times more.

I love to go back and read all your "daily dose" posts. I get something new everytime I read them.

Hope your feeling OK 'lil sister. I know how draining all this can be at times, but you just keep going.

I'm about two weeks from being back to semi-normal, where I have the time to enjoy this board.

Please take care of yourself. You are always in my prayers. Blessings. De
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Great to have you on here, even part time! I'v missed you.

Your comment on movies strikes a chord, because I also see the horrible effects of what is on television right now, and how it is presented. Kids imitate the terrible behavior on sit-coms, and their attention span is so diminished that they can't concentrate on anything.

It sickens me to see these results in how this generation is forming.

My husband is a teacher, and so many teachers say the same thing - that they can't get through to the students.

I wish so strongly that we had something better and healthy for young people!

Love, Judy
  4. tlayne

tlayne Member

How kind of you to go to all of this effort to post to us & give us daily bread! You are so thoughtful! May God bless you! I have you and your computor on my prayer list! Love, Tam
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello morningsonshine,

Sounds to me like you're having fun "sneaking" into your husband's office. I think that's too cute, lol!

I enjoyed reading your post again. You are blessed to do what you do with the posts and God knows that.

Keep up the good "Word",

BlueSky555