Daily Dose Mar. 31

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Mar 31, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

2 Corinthians 4:16 (NAS)

Therefore we do not lose heart,
    but though our outer man is decaying, yet our
    inner man is being renewed day by day.

For momentary, light affliction is
    producing for us an eternal weight of glory
    far beyond all comparison.

While we look not at the things which are seen,
    but at the things which are not seen;
    for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

And, 5:17 Cor.
    Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Last night before sleeping, i was remebering my old life and some particular incidents. I was wondering how i could allow certain situation to happen, or be repeated.
    Why couldn't i have been stronger, and more self respect?

I realized, it was partly because of the need to be liked, and feel worth while. I've always had the need to feel validated.
    But, you know God didn't create me for those situations I allowed, that actually hurt me sense of self.
    He is the one who rescued my from that pit of self destruction, and set my feet on the rock!
    It's in Christ i find out who i am, and my true(new)self.

I discovered, in God, that i am not a worthless person with no purpose, I was created for Good things, in Christ.
    When God made me, He had good in mind, the same with all of you.
    I may not be worthy of God, but i am not worthless.
    I cost Him, His Son.
    That is priceless!
    Use your free will today, to choose good!
    And Jesus!
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

i have to tell you about 2 wks ago i was feeling worthless so I sit down and wrote about my life since i had been a kid its amazing how you see where you have made mistakes, but then you also see all the good things you have done in your life time.and i realize that God loves me even when I"m sick, but he doesn"t want us sick. he has provided a way for us to be well and that is ( by his stripes we where healed) WE"re already healed. we just have to claim it ,stand on the word. I"ve been reading all the places in the new teastment that Jesus healed people. been taking it like medicine every four hrs. and I will continue it until I"m better even if it takes years.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY. sixtyslady

3. morningsonshine

I got goose bumps reading your reply.
    You got it, the enemy wants us to feel worthless, like we deserve this. For past sin, mistakes, things we have been forgiven for, if we've asked
    God doesn't want us sick.
    It took me along time to realize God is with me, even when i'm sick.
    He provided a very costly way to heal us, (by his stripes, i am healed)
    I know some may think God sends illness, to test, or strengthen us, and it does do that. It's really streched my faith thin at times. But i don't think it's sent from God. We forget we live in a sin fallen world, it will be full of sin and sickness until Jesus comes. From the chooses made in the garden, not from God.

Sixtyslady, i think you are doing the right thing in believing God's promise, it's there for us. Even if i don't see it, until the next life, "I am healed, by His stripes!"
    After all that's what faith is all about!
    And no that doesn't mean i'm in denial neither.
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My outward body is decaying but I can see that God is building my inner man in the process. It is amazing.

My father died on this last December 15th. He had been dying for several years, and as he was slowly wasting away, he was becoming more and more alive in his spirit and in his knowlege and experiences with God. He told me that when a person is dying, he looks at everything differently....that God ministers to him in a special way that only the dying person can understand.

I do know that the last year was probably the closest time in our relationship. We had always been close as he was/is a wonderful father and we had a very special relationship, but that last year was truly a time I will never forget. It was hard, but it is was a gift from God to me as I was mourning the soon demise of my dear daddy.

This verse just hit me today...one I have read often... and this is a new revelation to me. Thank you so much for your faithfulness to post these devotions each day.

God bless you!
    Sue
  5. morningsonshine

Thank you so much for your testimony
    about your father.

It is Amazing!
    i'm thinking of that verse, about, Jesus removing even the sting and power of death.

6. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Thank you for the inspiration for today.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thank you for your response.

Are these the verses you mentioned?

1 Corinthians 15: 54-57

When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with the immortality, then the saying that is written will come true;
    "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

The sting of death is sin and the power of sin is the law.

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

A very special passage of hope and triumph.

Blessings,
    Sue
  8. morningsonshine

Beautiful, victory in Jesus,
    it raises up a standard of hope.

Is that what you saw lived out in your
    Father?!
    It doesn't diminish your lose, but
    what a powerful testimony you witnessed.

Wow, i feel like i'm relearning things
    i already new, but allowed to lay dormant in me.

Thank you Jesus!
    Bless you Sue.
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

a physical body dying while the true person was soaring. His attitude was upbeat and he was truly living like the verse that talks about "the light and momentary afflictions....will bring eternal glory (or something like that!)."

I could feel that God was there with him...of course the Holy Spirit had been there since he was saved....but this was a different presence. God was holding his hand as he walked through the "valley of the shadow of death." That is the only way I can explain his behavior and insight during that time.

So, so precious to see how God truly never leaves us and when we need him most, He is there. What a reminder to me when I get down.

It has been a special day thinking about this time and I again want to thank you for your posts each day. I will be gone on Saturday and Sunday, so if I don't respond, you will know why.

Blessing to you!

Sue
  10. morningsonshine

I just want to bump this post up.
    I hope others enjoy reading this
    encouraging testimony.

And because i decided not to post new
    post, topics on the weekend.