Daily Dose May 2 Breath

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, May 2, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Mentally, i tell myself that, when i'm anxious, or stressed, or overwhelmed. Do you know that we stop breathing, hold our breath, or breath shallow when we are stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, or angry.

Sometimes i make it a prayer, "Lord, help me breath, give me breath." (as i breath deeply)

How many of you deal with anger in yourself, and then feel guilty about coming unglued? I sure do!
    I tend to react with anger when overwelmed, stressed, and anxious, and with this DD we tend to become overwehlmed easily, with normal everyday problems, especially when more than one comes at us at one time.

This is something i've been trying to work on, and i find i never quit get it right, and will never be perfect. But it really helps when i ask for forgiveness quickly from God and apoligize to whom ever i overreacted too.
    If i hang on to my guilt, it keeps me from God, and makes my behavior spiril out of control.

Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:1
    When you talk, do not say harmful things,
    but say what people need--words that will help
    others become stronger! Then what you say
    will do good to those who listem to you. And
    do not make the Holy Spirit sad. The Spirit is
    God's proof that you belong to him. God gave
    you the Spirit to show that God will make you
    free when the final day comes. Do not be
    bitter or angry or mad. Never shout angrily (ouch! guilty)
    or say things to hurt others. Never do anything
    evil. Be kind and loving to each other, and
    forgive each other just as God forgave you in
    Christ. Amen!
    You are God's children whom he loves, so
    try to be like him. Live a life of love just
    as Christ loved us and gave himself for us as
    a sweet-smelling offering and sacrifice to God.

I would love to be sweet smelling to the Lord!
    I really struggle with this, i grew up in a home with yelling. Being sick and stressed makes me want to be left alone. I am a mommy with three little kids that i love dearly. But i find it so overwhelming most of the time.

Jesus, help me, Jesus, be my strength, Jesus forgive me for failing to love. Pour your love over me, in me, so i can love others, especially my family. Help me to love beyond myself, and own human abilities, or disabilities.
    Father, thank you for Jesus, may i be sweet-smelling in Him. Help us to love as you would have us to love, help us to use our words wisely.
    Amen

Sometimes this mommy has to give herself a time out!
    God bless to all,
    sorry i yacked so much, i like to make these postings mostly The Word.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2006]
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

just good to see your post. and your message of the day, as always hits home. I know what you mean sometimes alone time is what we all need,I go to my prayer closet, which is my bedroom and close the door, and my husband and son know to not distrub, but I"m alone all day so I have time to myself,sometimes to much,I remember when I would have given anything for one hour alone when all 8 kids where at home. but now I wish that they would be around more.
    Isn"t life funny? it seems like we just need different things at different times in our lives. one thing this D.d. has taught me is to not hurry,and just try to enjoy what God gives us.
    I never thought that I"d just get so much joy out of watching the birds in the back yard, I find that I don"t care about the lastest fashions, trends. and trivial things anymore,OH! isnt" GOD Good. I can still have joy even with this illness. God Bless , sixtyslady