Daily Dose, May 30 Need a little input here

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, May 30, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what you want here. Mostly i've tried to stick to the psalm, or Is. Or, sometimes i get my idea from what i've heard or read during the week.

However i've found myself a couple of time, omitting or avoiding a certain passage, because it could cause stress or conflict. My main goal has been to uplift, and encourage. Basically, we know how the bible calls us to live, and it's not my business. It's between you and God.

But, neither am i ashamed of the word of God, and sometimes it confronts us, and calls us to obey. And if you find ourselves on the wrong side of the word that should call us to repent, and be forgiven. "now there is no condemnation in christ Jesus"

Sometimes the Word of God nails me to the ground (cross) and it's not alway easy to see ourselves thur God's Holy eyes.

But i didn't want anyone thinking i was picking out certain scripture to stir things up. For ex. i was going to print a passage in Eph. about living in God's light.
    Eph. 5:1-
    You are God's children whom He loves, so
    try tobe like Him. Live a life of love just as
    Christ loved us and gave Himself for us as a
    sweet-smelling ofering and sacrifice to God.

But there must be no sexual sin among you,
    or any kind of evil or greed. etc..

The rest of the passage is wonderful, about being in the light and not darkness. Now i'm not about to edit out a few passages just to make it more pleasing to some.
    So i decided to skip it.

My question to you is this. I love Ehpesians, but it does talk about right living. I could go ahead and just do the whole chapter, alittle a day, then it's not like i'm picking and choosing. It's all there.

Or i could just stick with the psalms, and Is.??

Anyone want to do the whole chapter??

Phil. 2:11
    God made His name so that
    every knee will bow to the
    name of Jesus--
    everyone in heaven, on earth,
    and under the earth.
    And everyone will confess that
    Jesus Christ is Lord
    and bring glory to God the Father.

The Name of Jesus stands before, beyond, and after all others.

I know some have a hard time with God's Do's and Don'ts,
    in this world. But i've always seen His commands like a parent, sepcially after being one.
    It's not that God has a narrow mind, and dosen't want us to have fun or do what we want.
    He created us, and knows what is best for us, and what will hurt us.
    There are certain things i don't want my kids to do, and rules to obey, for there own safety, and protection, and their innocents.

His way actually gives us more freedoms.

waiting for your input
    God Bless to everyone
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Morningsonshine,
    I am Jewish, non-practicing, but it is fine to quote from the New Testament or Old Testament. My father was Jewish and my mother was Baptist. So I have a bit of both cultures.

I realize this board is basically Christian, yet I feel very comfortable here. :)

This is a great place, especially lately for me as I went for a time not posting very much on the FMS board.

Love & prayers to you,
    Faye
  3. morningsonshine

First off, Faye,
    Welcome, glad you're back. Being Jewish dosen't bother me one bit. In fact i would love to ask you some question.
    Have you ever heard the term messianic jew? Being christian, and born jewish should go hand in hand nicely.

Although, i realize that may not be a welcome idea by all with a jewish background.

Hangin, what am i going to do with you?? You gave me too much to deal with!LOL
    First of i must say, I am NOT a teacher of scripture. Just trying to share God's word and how it effect me and my life. And sometimes that does include some of the tougher parts. I feel like i would be cheating if i edited out the more difficult things.
    By no means do i want to sit and tell people the do's and don'ts of God. Mostly want to talk about His love, mercy and grace. I believe in letting the Holy Spirit deal with peoples attitudes.
    But you can't do that without presenting the word of God to peoples hearts.
    So, i think i will keep posting as i have been, but when a piece of "meat" is inbetween the "milk" i will just let it stand as it is, The Word of God.

God says his word will not return void.

Hangin, i didn't immediately walk out of some of those same sins you mentioned, some of it took awhile. God tells us to speak the truth in love. I think alot of the time we forget the love part, and speak the truth in judgement.

I also think it depends on the persons attitude when they are in a place like that. Lots of new christians (and sometimes older ones that have not received what they need,
    been fed.) just need alot of love (and teaching), they don't think they are worthwhile.
    While others may just being doing it and thumbing they noses at "god's rules". I tend to avoid peoples like that.

This whole walk with the Lord is an ongoing process. Basically as a body we need each other. That's a whole nother subject.

Ending thought; Need to balance a rightous God with a loving God.
    It was His Holyness, righteousness, that demanded death for our sins.
    It was His Love that sent Jesus in our place.
    Accepting his sacrifice frees us to live rightly in Jesus as best we can, and to do so honors God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
    Those are my thoughts.

Okay, i'm posting this with out doing a read thur, hope it's okay.

4. windblade

windblade Active Member

I like what you've been doing all along. :)

I think you'll get the balance just right.

LOts of love,
    Judy
  5. dejovu

dejovu New Member

My two cents...I believe people are drawn to this board by God to be helped,comforted, understood and prayed for in their times of need. I think they can also gain great strength from our witnessing about prayers that have been answered in our lives. Jesus taught us that God is Love and when we accepted that fact, it was then we strove to please him. We doug deeper into his word, and I believe he leads (even in his Word) where we should be. Blessings. De

PS. Glad your back.
  6. morningsonshine

I'll just go where the Lord seems to be leading me for that day, or what difficultly i'm dealing with.

Thanks,
    love ya,
    misty
  7. dejovu

dejovu New Member

You have such a sweet spirit and I know God will lead you to just where he wants you to be. Many, many Blessings to you and your family. De
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Morningsonshine,
    No, I have never heard the term Messianic Judaism. But then there are a lot of things I once did hear that I just can't remember thanks for fibro fog. :(

I can't even remember my Home Ec class in the 7th grade when I was taught to sew and do other things. I don't know how I made it through that class.

I just did a Google search on Messianic Judaism. I don't think that applies to me. I'm more into the reform. I just consider myself a non-practicing Jewish person. Not a highly religious person, but more a spiritual person.

Love,
    Faye
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

The scriptures always STICK, and stay with me more when you add your personal responses!!! So be led by God's spirit.

Everyone has said that they will not be offended - and we can just add our own responses.

Love you, dear
    Judy
  10. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi morningsonshine,

I agree with windblade; I like it when you add your own personal responses. I would not be offended at all.

Also, hanginginthere, I enjoyed reading your post. I think a lot of teens experience these kind of things, but not sure about opening the Bible and seeing it, LOL! Good to: "plant the seed" when it comes to your family.

I enjoy reading the board and this is my FIRST stop every day when I log onto my computer and log into the message board. Whether I respond or not, I'm here.

God Bless You All!!

BlueSky555
  11. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I see many answers to your questions ( prayers ). It tells me how much we all enjoy what you post. It is also the first stop for me before I start my day.

You are a special person, to do what you do for us all. Please remember how much I appreciate it ( even if I forget to say so). You are Much LOVED by the people of this board.

You are my sister in Gods family. And I'm very proud to say so. Blessings. De
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It looks like everyone has just about covered this subject from every angle.

I personally like what you've been doing. Part of all of this is motivation. You're giving us exposure to God's Word and something to think about each day. The Holy Spirit is the one that takes it and uses it in each life.

So, with your pure motivation, I think you should just continue as you have been. Holiness and Love exist equally in God and in His Word. Finding the balance is a hard thing...ask any preacher or teacher. (-: So, rely on Him to lead you...and ask others like you have when you have doubts.

You're doing great. God bless you for your service. I love your posts.

Hugs
    Sue
  13. morningsonshine

By the Lord thur all of you.

Thank you for your words of affirmation.

I'm not used to so much positive feelings. Dejovu if you say one more loving thing, my head may go, boom, or maybe my heart.

Stop! Enough! I can't take anymore! LOL

Really you guys are telling me things, that i never heard growing up from my family. God is using your words, in my life, and windblades post about her therapy, and self-sabotaging, is also stirring things up in me.

My brain is just whirling, then i get a phone call from my sister, and we end up talking about being kids.

She was laughing because her daughter is "just like me", and wanted to know how come she got my kid!

I was the youngest, and a bit of a day dreamer; i never seemed to be good enough for the rest of my family. I have a very work oriented family (that i love dearly) but it's not about who you are, but how well you produce.

I never seemed to be in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.
    Okay, right now i'm really wanting to delete again, i feel like i'm being disloyal to my family, and don't want to be "poor little old me".

I'm just not use to alot of positive encouragement. I've had more from my christian family, you guys, And i thank God for that; And the three girls i do bible study with; in the last year, than i've had my whole life.

For soo many years i grew up with the image my family gave me. And that image dosen't fit with who God says i am, and my christian family is confirming that to me.

But it can be difficult for my poor brain and heart, to relearn a new image.

Comprenda??

I AM WORTHWHILE, I HAVE A GODGIVEN PURPOSE IN LIFE!!!
    ( I'm saying that for my own ears to hear)

Thanks for all the love!