Daily Dose, May 8

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, May 8, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Listing different vs. from Ps. 61, 62, and 63

Ps.61:1-3
    God, hear my cry;
    listen to my prayer.
    I call to you from the ends of the earth
    when i am afraid. (Even if our prayer is only to utter his name in our pain, and desperation!)

Carry me away to a high mountain.
    You have been my protection,
    like a strong tower against my enemies. ( my enemy is fear, anxiety, pain) His name is a strong tower.

Ps. 63:1-8
    God, you are my God.
    I search for you.
    I thrist for you
    like someone in a dry, empty land
    where there is no water.
    I have seen you in the Temple
    and have seen your strength and glory.
    Because your love is better than life,
    I will praise you.
    I will praise you as long as i live! ( Can we say that at our lowest points?, Can we trust him with our last breath?)
    That this life is just an entrance into eternity,

Oh, Jesus! Have you ever had a little touch, a little glimpse, a little taste? "Oh- taste and see, He is Good.
    How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! (ps,34:8)

I've really been struggling again, and i know sixtyslady is too, in fact i'm thinking of her as i post. But God, touches me, keeps me close, my heart gets soft, and thankful, how can that be? I feel some better today, thank goodness!
    I don't want to be sick, i hate feeling awful, but, God, is in me. I Don't know how to express what i'm feeling.

I always think of jobs words, "oh- that you slay me, i will praise your Name." It's trusting in Gods character, and the fact that He dosen't change, no matter my circumstances, or pain, problems. He's still Good, and worthy to be praised!

v.4-8
    I will praise you as long as i live.
    I will lift up my hands in prayer to your
    name.
    I will be content as if I had eaten the best
    foods.
    My lips will sing, and my mouth will
    praise you.
    I remember you while i'm lying in bed;
    I think about you through the night.
    You are my help.
    Because of your protection, i sing.
    I stay close to you;
    you support me with your right hand.

Ps.62:1-2
    I find rest in God;
    only He can save me.
    He is my rock and my salvation.
    He is my defender;
    I will not be defeated.

Selah!

I can easily be defeated, i'm sure glad God's my defender!

A child of God.
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you for this daily dose. It's really helping me too. The comments and thoughts that you add help it to go deeper for me.

Love, Judy
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Thank you for your encouragement! I hope you have had the strengh to continue in your therapy.

God Bless
  4. dejovu

dejovu New Member

When Jesus was on that cross I believe he felt all the pain and suffering and sin in this world. He took it all upon himself. When I feel like screaming with pain from one or two diseases I wonder how he could have taken it all. And thats an image that helps me understand the depth of love God has for us. It also gives me strength to fight another day. De
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I don"t now what to say but Thanks.you have so much to give to people, I wish I could be more faithful and trusting in my savior, I"M just having such a hard time with it right now,I know I"m under attack from satan. but I also know Greater is he who is in me than he who is in the world.so I say satan get thee behide me in the name of JESUS. God Bless all, hugs sixtyslady