Daily journey-Today I am freeing myself from doubt

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Mar 24, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today I am freeing myself from doubt.

So you have made up your mind. You are absolutely certain. Nothing can sway you – no way, no how! Then it happens. Darts of doubt. From out of nowhere they arrive. Piercing you with their sharp points of skepticism. Maybe you were wrong. Maybe what you believed was true isn’t the truth at all. After all, if it were true had can this be happening to you?

Doubt prevails when you lose your sense of control. When everything is going well you feel confident and secure. As soon as things seem out of control or trouble appears, confidence can give way to doubt unless you know the truth deep in the core of your being. There are some things that you know for certain because they are true. The truth is the truth forever. You can’t change it and you never doubt it. Here are some simple but certain truths. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Spring follows winter. The earth is round. Jesus is the Son of God. He who believes on Him has eternal life. The truth shall set you free.

You may have been feeling pangs of doubt because you are faced with some difficult times in your life. Now you know that there is no room for doubt when your life is centered on the truth. - Gail Lindsay

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:5