Daily journey

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Feb 9, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Watch what you are getting caught up in!

Let's face it. The world has so much to offer. There is excitement, intrigue, entertainment, careers and other opportunities. At times you may feel torn because you having trouble deciding what to do next, try next, or buy next. It is almost impossible to keep up! Before you know it, you are caught up in keeping up with world and what the world expects of you.

Stop! You are not accountable to the world so why be caught up in the world? You are accountable to God and He is who you should be caught up in. Quit trying to impress your neighbors, colleagues, friends, and family. Instead get caught up in pleasing the Lord. He loves you more and has so much more to give you than the world ever could. Stay close to Him and be caught up with Christ now and forever.

You may have been getting all caught up in keeping up with the world. Now you know that you should strive to be caught up with Christ.- Gail Lindsay

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever." 1 Thessalonians 4:17
  2. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

I have Fibro and simplicity is the silver lining. I don't have the strength, endurance, or tolerance for much of anything...so I save it for the "good stuff"

I choose not to waste my energy on 'pleasing others'. There are no rewards.

My Grandma and her brother came to visit today. Her brother (my great-uncle?) and I had a falling-out nearly 8 years ago because of the church I chose to get married in. He didn't approve. After 7 years of seperation, we burried the hatchet just a few months ago.

When they came over today, my house was a wreck. My grandma tried to tidy up a bit for me. I told her thank you, but please just come sit with me.

I told her and my uncle that since I've been sick, my priorities have become more defined. Spending time with my family is near the top of my list. What could please God more than strengthening relationships and sharing love!

Please God, the rewards are endless!
    Thanks for sharing,
    ~30