Daily journey

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, May 3, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

It is time to fish or cut bait!

I am not much of an athlete. More than a few times I have tried to become one. I bought the clothes, running shoes, and some other equipment thinking that if I had the things an athlete used I would become an athlete. It didn't work. Having the equipment to be an athlete and actually taking the time, making the commitment, and being an athlete are two very different things.

As a follower of Jesus Christ we have been called to tell others about Jesus, make disciples, and be fishers of men. I have never been much of a "fisherman". More than a few times I have tried to be one. It takes time, commitment, and effort to be a fisher of men.Perhaps you feel that it is someone else's responsibility to fish for people in need of the Gospel. The problem with that thinking is that Jesus needs everyone who knows him to be a fisherman. Not just some people, but all people. It is an awfully big world with a lot of people out there floating around without knowing the Lord. Isn't it about time that you were active in reeling one of them in for Christ?

You may feel that you are a spectator instead of being an active fisher of men. Now you know that it is time to actively reach out and tell others about Christ - Gail Lindsay

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

2. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I regret to say I am not a good witness for our Lord, I am a poor example of a Christian.
    Thank you for the reminder, I wish....
    Linda